Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Filled to the brim two days ago and washers not used, thought i'd check it and it was low again, took a pint perhaps.

Known issue? There seems to be a join in it showing in online images. Do i buy a complete pre owned unit before i depart the UK?

Looks like its accessed via the wheel arch, so liner out by the look of it.

Tedious

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Filled to the brim two days ago and washers not used, thought i'd check it and it was low again, took a pint perhaps.

Known issue? There seems to be a join in it showing in online images. Do i buy a complete pre owned unit before i depart the UK?

Looks like its accessed via the wheel arch, so liner out by the look of it.

Tedious
That really would depend on where youre departing to? if you were departing to Germany for example it may be best to get one there. Should be readily available on ebay.

Washer Bottle

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That really would depend on where youre departing to? if you were departing to Germany for example it may be best to get one there. Should be readily available on ebay.

Washer Bottle
A rural Greek island with no direct eBay perhaps answers my own question i suppose.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have you got headlight washers? Mine sprung a leak on the headlight washer unit which is supposed to be quite a common fault. Water runs out under the unit behind the wheel arch liner

·
Registered
111 Posts
There was a crack in mine, used to leak when you filled it, was cracked where it mounted onto the wing ????

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
There was a crack in mine, used to leak when you filled it, was cracked where it mounted onto the wing í ½í¹„
Buying a (used) replacement isnt a problem its the [email protected]@dy work involved to access it thats a pain. Brimmed it again earlier, I'll measure what it takes again in the morning. Having seen a you tube clip the neck and bowl in two pieces is an opportunity for a leak straight off.

(no headlamp washers btw)

·
268 Posts
Access is really quite easy. Wheel off inner fender off and couple of bolts and it's out.

I've had it leak from the pumps. (2 pumps if you have headlight washers) Took it out cleaned everything and it never leaked again.

·
Chairman
19,922 Posts
And clean the bulkhead drain whilst you are at it!

And the crud that collects between the liner and the rear of the wheel arch!!

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stationary vehicle overnight, no leak.

Previously filled and driven equals water loss?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts