Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To name names, Central Garage and myself know each other back to my Subaru ownership here, they're friendly and helpful but Touaregs are a very uncommon sight here.

Anyway, i arrived early this morning for a 9am oil and filter change. Oil supplied by me from a previous UK service when i was obliged to buy 20ltr of VW 506.01 and a filter. Boring story short, work done while i watched, no hassle being in the workshop, Greeks like to know they get what they pay for 😉 everything checked over, coolant, washer fluid, a visual brakes check, door locks and hinges lubricated and it was done. 30€ and with a receipt🤤

A bargain imo in as much as i can't get under it. I wonder what it will be next time with oil and filter 🤔

·
Chairman
20,095 Posts
That really is good value but they didn't do your tyre pressures!

·
Chairman
20,095 Posts
10C and raining here - what's it with you?

·
Registered
229 Posts
To name names, Central Garage and myself know each other back to my Subaru ownership here, they're friendly and helpful but Touaregs are a very uncommon sight here.

Anyway, i arrived early this morning for a 9am oil and filter change. Oil supplied by me from a previous UK service when i was obliged to buy 20ltr of VW 506.01 and a filter. Boring story short, work done while i watched, no hassle being in the workshop, Greeks like to know they get what they pay for 😉 everything checked over, coolant, washer fluid, a visual brakes check, door locks and hinges lubricated and it was done. 30€ and with a receipt🤤

A bargain imo in as much as i can't get under it. I wonder what it will be next time with oil and filter 🤔
A bargain indeed (y)

Especially when you factor in disposal of oil etc ;)

·
Chairman
20,095 Posts
Many garages used to burn the old engine oil during the winter in the workshop heater

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its cooling down now at night (wife says its cold) but still circa 30° daytimes, though they warm up slower

·
Chairman
20,095 Posts
Indeed, but probably not green enough for young Greta!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Many garages used to burn the old engine oil during the winter in the workshop heater
Illegal now in Ireland, according to latest EPA guidelines :rolleyes:

Of course, you can still buy oil burners and the fellas selling them shouldn't sell . . But :censored:

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,928 Posts
Chatting to my local trusted indy workshop, they gave up doing this when fully synthetic oil became normal as it somehow fouls up the burners in the workshop heating system

·
Chairman
20,095 Posts
Oh for good old days of Castol R and Duckhams 20-50!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts