Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experiencing the "System Fault Workshop" error intermittently for a couple of months. It only seems to happen when it rains especially if I drive through large puddles. As I said this is intermittent, I haven't had the error now for about 2 months and it usually disappears after a restart.

It really seems to have no impact on the vehicle as it drives and does everything it should. Even when the low range selector is flashing it still works in low range.

Is it a genuine error or a sensor somewhere misbehaving. Anyone else had this problem?

·
60 Posts
Nothing to do with the wipers is it? Are they working as they should...espeically in auto mode?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Most of these type of symptoms suggest battery issues since they go away after driving the vehicle for a while. What MY is it and have you got in car charger or something else that may drain the battery, just a thought ??? In addition is there anything else such as the heated seats or sat/nav that does not fire up if so the vehicles graceful degradation kicks in to save the battery. This then resolves itself after a good run. I just had a similar problem with the the touch button locking which resolved itself after a good run back from the Unlimited day yesterday.

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could possibly be the battery, last year the battery went flat twice last year, after one 8 day stay and one 5 day stay in an airport car park. The AA couldn't find fault with the battery, but I suspect it shouldn't go flat in those periods. May replace the battery.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi the batteries are AGM ( filled with gel rather than the lead acid much safer used by the military) batteries and can suddenly give up I have found CTEK 3600 maintainer with the cig connector will prevent most of the issues. It also will give more of a boost as AGM batteries can be a little unpredictable just because they seem to be flat does not mean they need replacing.The CTEK can revive them and cause no further problems for some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts