Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with a slight rattle on the rear suspension at low (20 mph or less )speeds? sounds like antiroll bar links or shocks mounts to me . But at 20 thousand miles??????

·
53 Posts
Depends what you mean by ' rattle' dssean - I have a noise that sounds like the exhaust system mountings moving at similar speeds. I was goinig to mention this at the first service as I am not unduly worried - has happened from new( in October) - now at 4000m and about to drive to southern Spain.
Are we talking about the same thing? Anyone else help?

·
53 Posts
Steel or air dssean?

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
steel, and its deffinately a light rattle, only at very low speed. seems to be in time with the rear wheels on bumps, i suppose it could be exhaust..

·
53 Posts
... actually went out and checked out mine - I have re-convinced myself it's the exhaust mountings. It's not a metallic rattle but it is at very low speed as in multi storey car parks etc. I would be really surprised if your shock mountings have gone at 20k - or any bushes come to that

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlueG said:
... actually went out and checked out mine - I have re-convinced myself it's the exhaust mountings. It's not a metallic rattle but it is at very low speed as in multi storey car parks etc. I would be really surprised if your shock mountings have gone at 20k - or any bushes come to that
I got confirmation that its the rear antiroll bar links o(r Drop arms ) from VW battersea today also they are replacing my N/S mirror as its slow to fold . blimey 21,000 miles and the suspensions shot allready not a good start ,only had it 1 month.......should be ready thursday .

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue G,
It might be worth getting yours checked!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same problem . very subtle low pitched rattle .had the shock mountings, shocks etc replaced . noise still there .car in shop right now will let them know about rear antiroll bar links.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the same problem . very subtle low pitched rattle .had the shock mountings, shocks etc replaced . noise still there .car in shop right now will let them know about rear antiroll bar links.
did you all sort out the problems can you remember what it was thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts