Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The wheel set on the car are previously redundant use from a BMW. 120 pcd so they fit and fill the arches moreso than the 18" wheels on the car when i bought it.

There were no buyers when i'd advertised them so rather than sell them for peanuts, i decided to wear out the tyres any-which-way to maximise their cost. (Tyres were new)

Based on the recent service at 10k miles, these winter tyres have covered the same distance. They're quite noisy here on really polished road surfaces, 10K miles of which about half has been commuting to and from Greece on motorways. The front outside edges are breaking down now, this years 40掳+ heatwave will have contributed significantly i imagine but they'll do me another year in 2022.

MOTs here are bi-annual so new tyres in 2023 for that. I'm happy i got use out of them and impressed they've done as well as they have. Ill shop for budget brands when appropriate, I've noted before a 50kph limit here won't tax even the cheapest i imagine.

Heres a now wearing Vredestein tyre 馃槱

Chairman
Just beware polished roads and any rain aren't a good mix with cheap Chinese tyres even at 50 kph!

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just beware polished roads and any rain aren't a good mix with cheap Chinese tyres even at 50 kph!

馃榿 oh yes, had the old Scooby drifting several times, even on dry tarmac .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts