Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

Can anybody help please. Latest problem. 04 Treg 160km. Driving along motorway as usual at 120 kph and started to feel I had a puncture on LHS. Slowed down and pulled over, checked tyres and no problem. Drove away and when I reached 50 kph and a noise started on LHS back wheel with rotation of wheel. It felt like there was something stuck to the tyre. Checked it and no joy again. Drove on and the noise ( now louder and more thumping) starts to come from the front passanger / under gear stick. If I keep my speed below 30kph it's not there but above this and it knocks / thumps in the same rotation as the wheels and gets louder and louder with speed. As you can gather I know nothing about cars and my VW mechanic is gone to Germany. Don't want to leave it into vw dealer as they usually charge 110 euro per hour.
Can anyone help please.
Regards
Paul d

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Have you checked the propshaft housing the middle unit tends to give up around the same time of K/m

Only my thoughts, where are you with Kmh ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes - the ESP - car skid lamp came on when the thumping started
can you tell me anything about this ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Paul

The fact that your ESP light were flashing and the noise moved from the left rear to the left front indicate to me that its an ABS control unit fault or very coincedental both left ABS senders or an wiring fault.

I dont think its mechanical as such, because the fault is not staying in one corner.

You need a diagnostic mashine on your car for this fault

good luck
D

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Update 3 September 2009:

A VERY helpful guy on www.clubtouareg.com has PM'd me with the following for anyone who wants to repair their existing propshaft rather than buy a new one:

"The web site you need is.www.firowpropshafts.co.uk , and the chap's name is Mark Rowley."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts