Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been stuck in park? My 08 Altitude taken to the dealer in bits today by Vw assist after the gear shift sticking firstly intermitently then stuck for good.The guy from the RAC had to remove the centre panel and jemmy a screw driver in to release the gear shift so we could drive it to the dealer. Take the screw driver out and the gearshift sticks. Have`nt had comment from VW yet with it being Sunday just the sales guys on duty. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so, what VW did about it.
Ian

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nimrod, just checked that out. Near enough the same thing, even similar mileage. Looks like I`m going to have an interesting time.

·
886 Posts
ianrob said:
Anyone been stuck in park? My 08 Altitude taken to the dealer in bits today by Vw assist after the gear shift sticking firstly intermitently then stuck for good.The guy from the RAC had to remove the centre panel and jemmy a screw driver in to release the gear shift so we could drive it to the dealer. Take the screw driver out and the gearshift sticks. Have`nt had comment from VW yet with it being Sunday just the sales guys on duty. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so, what VW did about it.
Ian
Hi Ian,

Had the same problem on ours last year, VW assist did the same to us. Centre console out and temp repair to get to the dealers.

Sorted out very quickly and told that it was a bad earth on the main earthing bar behind the dashboard.

HTH

Cheers

Tom

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, all sorted, got the car back on Wednesday. Turned out to be a loose soleniod. So much hassle for something so simple!

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts