Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wallet has just shot across the room and hid under the couch after reading how much gearbox's cost!!!! Please help, I can't find a topic the same as my fault, when the car is cold.. ie stone cold first in the morning. I drove half a mile and the box clunks and refuses to come out of third gear. I stop the car and switch the engine off and restart... hey presto the fault is gone but it is certainly not forgotten and will return. It was suggested a sensor fault in the box but seems too predictable when it happens and once you restart the car will perform faultltess for the rest of the day covering hundreds of miles? could it be the ATF? anyone had a similair problem? am I going to have to try and print my own money?

·
Registered
876 Posts
This may be the pressure valve this is not uncommon it may be a bit sluggish, the main issue is if the vehicle is left standing for sometime it often takes a few seconds or two to get the oil moving it shouldn't but... On start up just takes a minute before moving off which seems to clear it. Maybe it was left standing on a forecourt for some months in which case it may clear itself on use. Good Luck.

·
24 Posts
The torque converter locks up at 20mph on my 2005 2.5tdi Sport auto, but after a cold start and the ouside temperature below about 7 Celsius it can take up to 1 mile to lock up even if I am traveling at 50mph in 6th gear. Has anyone else noticed this on their Treg or do I have a fault?

Tdireg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts