Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out to stick some stuff in the back of the car ready for tomorrow, and noticed a strange buzzing noise in the car. Sounds like several trapped bees, but it is coming from the speakers in the passenger doors. On despite ignition off. Switched on the RNS510 and it plays music, but with the buzzing over the top and piss poor sound.

Car was working fine when I parked it up an hour ago, it's not got water in it or anything. Anyone have any ideas? I am going to have to pull some fuses to get it to stop, and I guess that the planned trip tomorrow will be on hold - can barely stand to be in the car myself (and I am quite deaf), so Wife/Baby won't be able to put up with it.

Jim

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very strange

Went back out to car and the noise has stopped, stereo appears to make normal sounds.

I need to get windows reinstalled on my laptop so I can use my VAG-COM cable to see if there are any faults logged. Otherwise I'll have to go to a stealer, unfortunately the one I got the car from is in Middlesborough, so the local guys will probably find a way to charge me

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Jim - noise on speakers tends to be a ground problem - not sure exactly whats happened in your case though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering is this problem had ever reoccured. My relatively new 09 plate has had the same problem.
It happened again for the second time today so i have booked it in with the main dealer.

Could it perhaps be a crossover thats knackered.

The noise occurs even when the ignition is off !!!! but stops midway through the starting sequence only to quickly start again.

v6 altitude

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
This sounds like some kind of interference that is being vented through the speaker system.
I guess it could be caused by central locking unit ( are these vacuum pump like most VAG stuff or electric solonoids?)

like kaine says - a bad earth or ground could cause this but these are too new for such problems.

A faulty control unit or relay???
Or just a " charicteristic"

·
311 Posts
Had it with Mine. 2 occasions when it had been sitting in the hot sun all day. Returned to the car late in the day. buzzing noise was already audible, before I turned on the ignition. Couldn't say whether the unlocking triggered it. All I know is that I had to drive the next hour & a half with the bloody noise. Got home, took the keys out... noise carried on... left it for 15mins, returned to the car and it had stopped. Hasn't done it again.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
There is a software update fresh out from VW for this fault.

I had it with mine a few days ago and took it straight to my dealer while it was doing it. They had had a Scirocco doing exactly the same thing. This software update sorts it ... apparently. Anyway, mine hasn't done it since.

HTH

Chris

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine did it a couple more times before it was stolen. Obviously no way to know if the car is still in one piece now! I suspected there would be a software fix, and the dealer guys denials of ever hearing of this problem before didn't really convince me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mines booked in next week at Crewe Volkswagen but the noise has already stopped.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to give me your dealers name s o when mine says its a force of nature or an atmospheric anomoly i can tell them to ring your service department.

Wurzel said:
There is a software update fresh out from VW for this fault.

I had it with mine a few days ago and took it straight to my dealer while it was doing it. They had had a Scirocco doing exactly the same thing. This software update sorts it ... apparently. Anyway, mine hasn't done it since.

HTH

Chris

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
I refer to them affectionately as [email protected] but they like to be known as Loders VW, Yeovil.

HTH

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts