Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have looked through this forum but cannot see my answer anywhere... If it is already there forgive me for asking...

I have seen a nice 2011 Touareg 204 BHP for sale with a great price, decent mileage and a good service history, pristine bodywork and interior, except, the steering wheel has quite a few imperfections in it and looks like Mr T had ben driving it with all his gold rings scratching the leather and wearing through it in a few places... Thats the only thing that lets it down...

Now, the car isn't a flappy paddle gear change, and I was wondering if this could be added, which I think the posts on a US forum suggest can be done, but my question is, is the Passat steering wheel of the same age region, with the paddle shifters compatible with the 2011 Touareg? It looks identical in the pictures on a google search? Same size etc.

I have an acquaintance who has a perfect Passat wheel he took off the car when he added a heated wheel to his Passat estate a year or so ago with the FPs... And its free!!

Now the wheel is the only thing putting me off buying the car apart from I would really like the paddle shifters too which this wheel has... Anyone know if this will fit??

Thanks...

T

I know the part numbers are different but the wheels look identical in every way...

· Registered
2014 VW Touareg TDI R Line Executive, MaloneStage 2, Rawtek, Scale Suspension, 22" Rinspeed
5 Posts
I have a 12’(?) Scirocco R steering MFSW wheel with paddle shifters in my 14’ R Line Touareg.

It was a straight bolt in. I did however need to swap the Touareg wiring into the Scirocco wheel. All the functions operate just like the oem wheel did.
Car Speedometer Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: paul thomas

· Registered
482 Posts
Is the seat original?

And what the right angle black metal for near the seat runners? I am guessing thats not the original seat and you are using the right angle metal to join the seat to the runner?

Have you seen the mod you can do with the illuminated Tiguan gear shifter? You might like it!!

Nice Treg there mate!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 12’(?) Scirocco R steering MFSW wheel with paddle shifters in my 14’ R Line Touareg.

It was a straight bolt in. I did however need to swap the Touareg wiring into the Scirocco wheel. All the functions operate just like the oem wheel did. View attachment 38390

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I purchased the car... now need to swap the wheel...

I will give the wheel I have a try, but if it doesn't fit, I can give a Scirocco one a try...

Thanks for the pics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts