Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem starting the treg today it hapend once before just after I had a new key programed , went to get the treg out of the shed and woud not fire glowed her up againe but it took about twenty turns of the key to start then fired as if nothing was wrong , drove in to town to get some suplies from the shop and it did it againe took about thirty turns to fire this time any one else had the same problem , I was thinking it maybe an imobiliser glitch ?

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Yes. Not me but someone on this forum ... search for it. There's a video of the car starting too. You are not alone.

[ETA : I think it was forum member Manixhead]

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Wurzel but I have not had that problem,what it dose it cranks once and half fires and then nothing will do this for20/30 turns, Went out this morning -4.5 in the shed ign on glow plugs on first touch of the key started no problems , so it cant be glow plugs or a leaking injector can it ?

Also did it yesterday when it was hot just after a run, now its perfect and will be ok for another two or three weeks and out of the blue it will do it aganie I have a code reader and have it in the treg all time but no codes come up when it was playing up yesterday

1 - 3 of 3 Posts