Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
118 Posts
I have just booked my Touareg in for a warranty issue and was just wondering if its a common issue and if any of you have had the same problem.
Basically everything is fine until the car has been running for at least 10 miles and then the front o/s suspension starts to squeak,its not always that obvious when driving but is very easy to hear if you rock the car from outside.Also there is a squeak from the stearing column with the slightest movement of the steering wheel,it does seem to get more obvious the longer the car has been running.Not sure if I have 2 problems or 1 problem with 2 symptons

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cass
Thanks for the reply and bringing the previous posts to my attention,seems as if that is exactly the problem I have.Luckily The car is still under warranty until October because it sounds like it could be expensive.

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The above problems were diagnosed and my Touareg has gone in this week for a new suspension arm and steering column,the frightening thing is that the steering column is 12 hrs labour so about 15hrs in total at £120ish per hour plus parts so I think about 2k worth of work,glad its still under warranty,I wouldn't want to be paying the bill,guess its a good reason to take out a warranty when it reaches 3 years old !.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts