Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Treg in to my local VW dealer today after reading in this forum, that a software update is now available to stop the gearbox dropping from 8th to 7th and up again for no apparent reason and during light acceleration. The new software seems to have done the trick. Early days but, I drove on dual carriageway for around 40 miles on my way home and sat in 8th gear all the way, even during gentle hill climbs and light acceleration..????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Took my Treg in to my local VW dealer today after reading in this forum, that a software update is now available to stop the gearbox dropping from 8th to 7th and up again for no apparent reason and during light acceleration. The new software seems to have done the trick. Early days but, I drove on dual carriageway for around 40 miles on my way home and sat in 8th gear all the way, even during gentle hill climbs and light acceleration..????
Glad you are also sorted out. Its a shame that VW don't let all know that the software update is now available. Good job we have "MyTreg" !
sadly, mine is in dealers now as it developed an engine rattle. Hoping that is a simple fix.....

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,928 Posts
Glad you are also sorted out. Its a shame that VW don't let all know that the software update is now available. Good job we have "MyTreg" !
sadly, mine is in dealers now as it developed an engine rattle. Hoping that is a simple fix.....
VW is like that - they could have recalled all the Touaregs with factory-fit towbars to replace the fan but they just wait until customers complain.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VW is like that - they could have recalled all the Touaregs with factory-fit towbars to replace the fan but they just wait until customers complain.
Yes, it's a great forum.......... the dealer wondered how I knew about the software update! Hope your rattle turns out to be nothing serious

·
Chairman
20,095 Posts
Dealers really are f....witz at times!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've had this more than once at dealers whereby they don't understand how I know stuff about the car that isn't 'common knowledge'. Some dealers, seem to be oblivious to the existence of car forums...... Which considering the industry they work in baffles me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2017 R Line Plus which still has this issue and has software version 3064 which apparently is the cause of the problem. Dealer contacted didn't seem aware of possible software updates. Anyone been to VW to have the software updated recently for this issue?

·
Mechanical Guru
2,891 Posts
Why doesn't the dealer just contact VW technical? They'll have all the information.
Alternatively they could connect your car to ODIS which should show the update available for the automatic transmission controller.

Reactions: Cass

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why doesn't the dealer just contact VW technical? They'll have all the information.
Alternatively they could connect your car to ODIS which should show the update available for the automatic transmission controller.
They did say to bring it in but the dealer is a good distance away so my aim was to find out their level of knowledge on the topic before making the journey. I suspect you are right that a visit will ultimately be required.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my 2017 gearbox software updated by a main dealer and this resolved the frequent shift problem. Before and after VCDS scans showed that the software version changed from 34K06G1M.MOT 130 3064 to AL1000 AISIN 130 3546. The after scan also showed some software update version errors because the dealer hadn't also updated the version management. I was able to google these error codes and clear them with VCDS. If your dealer isn't aware of this update show them the attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my 2017 gearbox software updated by a main dealer and this resolved the frequent shift problem. Before and after VCDS scans showed that the software version changed from 34K06G1M.MOT 130 3064 to AL1000 AISIN 130 3546. The after scan also showed some software update version errors because the dealer hadn't also updated the version management. I was able to google these error codes and clear them with VCDS. If your dealer isn't aware of this update show them the attached.
That is really useful thank you. I'm going to the main dealer in the next couple of weeks so I'll post how I got on.

·
Chairman
20,095 Posts
In the main the people on the service desks are nice but dim so don't be afraid to ask to speak with the workshop manager to explain what you expect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts