Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Treg 3.0D V6 Altitude. Can someone help please with two problems setting my display.
1/ The constant readout for speed is in km/h I want mph. I cant find the change setting in the menues. I have changed the temp and trip miles etc. but the constant speed is not covered in that. Reading the manual it shows a setting that I cant find.

2/ To display the clock/time. when I switch cruise control on the speed setting covers the clock. so whenever I am in cruise control I cant see the time.

Two simple problems I am sure. perhaps it's me?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Hi,

Unfortunately you cant change them - well I've attempted the same and cant change them either. The most annoying thing is the clock when your sitting on the motorway in cruise with the NAV on - it seems VW feel the clock isn't required then :roll:

Unless I'm missing something too

Kaine

·
886 Posts
Kaine said:
Hi,

Unfortunately you cant change them - well I've attempted the same and cant change them either. The most annoying thing is the clock when your sitting on the motorway in cruise with the NAV on - it seems VW feel the clock isn't required then :roll:

Unless I'm missing something too

Kaine
Hi Kaine,

Mr Stubley hasn't got that problem in his Treg!!

When he is in cruise he just looks at his Wrist for a genuine VW Time check!!!

PS What is the score with the video taken yesterday. Is it going to be on the Unlimited site or our Mytreg site??

Did they tell you?

Cheers

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
good point - I think VW need to do a recall on all the Touaregs and supply a free wrist watch to all owners with this problem - only then will we be satisfied

yep, pics will be uploaded to the Unlimited Website Galleries in due course and I believe the Video will be used to generate a 'video intro' to the Unlimited R50 day (currently they have no video for this part of their site). I will of course be stealing various pics to use on this site

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
tadpole said:
Hi Kaine,

Mr Stubley hasn't got that problem in his Treg!!

When he is in cruise he just looks at his Wrist for a genuine VW Time check!!!

I'm never gonna live this one down, am I? 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's quite amazing. A new ?40,000 car in 2008 and I have different readings on the display of km/h and mph. Is the right?
And the clock is not on display

My first VW, how dissapointing. Is there a software upgrade at the dealers?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
worth asking I guess - I've not bothered yet as generally the whole system is much better than my old RRS

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
in case of the clock;

You can put the info system on clock then it will always display - you can then bring up split screen on the MAP so you can see the map and the next turns etc. So you can have the NAV running, set in cruise and have the clock showing

In case of the kph part personally I'm not bothered as if your using the cruise then it will say your set speed, plus you have a speedometer for that bit

I agree its a bit odd, however your not missing anything if you set it up as above

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
using the MFD controls on the steering wheel, tab through until you get to the MFD page - then use the roller to choose the 'Clock' - this is where you choose Average MPG, Current MPG etc. This will leave the clock up on the MFD page - you can then tab back to the NAV or AUDIO pages as you wish or just leave the clock on all the time

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I've just been through all this, and believe me you have all done the right things. One issue i do need to sort though, is getting the main screen to display a clock. SWWBO is driving me mad. Every 10 mins , whats the time?, and why have you got a big screen with no clock?

Its a 510, if that helps

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
tlj - so when you switch to MFD on the central display and then use the scroller to run through 'Average MPG, Current MPG, Range, etc' are you not getting 'Clock'?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I do get that, no problem, its just that all i want to do is display a clock on the centre screen (eg the radio for want of a better description !
)

Or buy the missus a watch (which she won't wear), and here we go again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to my main dealer in Essex. Was told it cant be changed because EU ruling that speed must be shown in mph and kmh and the Touareg speed dial only has mph on it.

I then question why in the manual does it show how to change it then?. There was no answer.
Does anyone know if it can be changed?

·
311 Posts
It's funny when you read the posts the same issues come up, Clock/cruise, 180 degree compass...
the 1 that confuses me is the topographical satnav map, that looks exactly the same as the 2D picture. Or is that because I live in Mountainous Suffolk?

·
400 Posts
orientboy said:
Went to my main dealer in Essex. Was told it cant be changed because EU ruling that speed must be shown in mph and kmh and the Touareg speed dial only has mph on it.

I then question why in the manual does it show how to change it then?. There was no answer.
Does anyone know if it can be changed?
They are right, eu red tape states all cars sold in the eu have to display km/h. TBH its all a load of eu tosh, when my family comes across from the continent all there cars only read km/h, why do they not have to have mph displaying??? because the eu doesnt care less about the uk, they just want our money and world presence.

All makes do it, mercedes gl's have exactly the same setup with mph dials km/h digital readout.

As for changing it, its in the book (same as the merc) as cars sold outside of the eu can change it, you could vag.com your car to think its american, but then other weird things will happen like lots of beeps and bongs to remind you to breath.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts