Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, yes, I've been and done a search... after all this time I realise that it's not just painted on up there ^^

But I can't find much detail on what we're all paying for servicing....

Audi now have fixed prices throughout their networks which I think is fantastic, however when it comes to VW, they are all over the place....

Anyone got ideas/experience of what a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Servicing costs are for the Treg - please state which service = what cost, what your engine size is, Plus Dealer name, or at least location - as all of this is going to affect numbers.

Only post with any substantial info I found was here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4647&hilit=servicing+costs#p37523

Thanks Peeps..... Can you tell what's coming...?

·
886 Posts
Hipflyguy said:
Hi all, yes, I've been and done a search... after all this time I realise that it's not just painted on up there ^^

But I can't find much detail on what we're all paying for servicing....

Audi now have fixed prices throughout their networks which I think is fantastic, however when it comes to VW, they are all over the place....

Anyone got ideas/experience of what a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Servicing costs are for the Treg - please state which service = what cost, what your engine size is, Plus Dealer name, or at least location - as all of this is going to affect numbers.

Only post with any substantial info I found was here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4647&hilit=servicing+costs#p37523

Thanks Peeps..... Can you tell what's coming...?
A New Treg????

·
242 Posts
Last week, I brough my TReg to a mechanic in Middlesex (Diamond Crash Repair), after checking so many garages ranging from 300 pounds to 700 pounds full service (not including parts). One garage in Kensington (Drayson Mews Garage) gave me a charge of 90 pounds/hour for labour, and 300 pounds for full service of my TReg. They are robbers!!!!

I gave him a checklist given by notooby (the list copied from Nationwide Auto Centre) and asked him to follow the list meticulously. Although the garage is not VW dealer, he did the job properly. He checked everything for me to make sure I would have a safe and reliable car.

After 2 days, I got my car back, and the total cost is just a little bit over 300 pounds (including oil change, replacement of oil filter, etc).

Therefore, I would like to recommend him to you him.

Name: Ladi Mac
Garage: Diamond Crash Repair
Venue: Mount Pleasant, Abbey Industrial Estate, Wembley, HA0 1QT
Mobile: 0794 746 5994

·
180 Posts
Hi.

Had my 3.0 V6 TDI SE DPF serviced in August at my local main dealer Smith Knight Fay Hyde. ( Nr Manchester )
It was its second long life service at 35000 miles and the cost was 307.47 inc VAT

·
1,307 Posts
would anyone else like to share this info please. i am due my second longlife service in 800 miles, but was thinking about switching to a yearly service instead. are there any real pros and cons of yearly service over longlife. my local garage have offered a service plan if i change with a token monthly payment towards the yearly service and also 15% off all spares.

·
1,307 Posts
i have called a few garages around me and they all give a different price for the same service!! why can't it be a standard price???

anyway it varies from ?345 to just over ?500 and that includes the 3 yr point brake fluid service done a bit early to save me going back in october just for the brake fluid change.

all garages mention price matching so it's worth a few calls to get best price.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Stu

taken from my previous post about Stourbrudge VW

Went with them as they were very competitive at ?299, which includes LL2 Service, Brake Fluid, Fuel Filter, Pollen Filter plus free 3rd Year Service/MOT free
Kaine

·
1,307 Posts
Hmmmm, ?299!!!....i can but keep trying..

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
?350 at VW Windrush Maidenhead for big service incl new plugs, pollen filter, brake fluid change.

G

·
Chris, They don't appear to cover Glos. Put in my reg no. and got message " we cannot service this vehicle" ????????????

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
No, not only Gloucestershire but it appears they can't service Tregs in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire or Wiltshire either using a number of postcodes I remember.

Then I tried a few others counties at random and all were no goes.

But then again, perhaps it's just MY car they don't want to see!

·
1,307 Posts
i booked my service today. LL2 service 36000 miles ?345 including the first brake fluid change which is due later in the year when car is 3 yrs old. ( just saves me going back in a few months) plus i agreed to have a new set of alloy wheel caps fitted as mine are starting to lift due to water. pretty happy with that especially as the last major service i had done was on my Land Rover and it cost ?800....OUCH!!

·
180 Posts
Now there's a coincidence, my wheel centres were replaced under warranty at 35000 miles during the LL2 sevice too. They had started to bubble around the edge of the VW insert, they changed them without being asked.To be honest I'm not too chuffed as the new ones don't seem to fit as well as the originals, I keep meaning to go back but it seems a bit petty. I'll proberbly mention it tomorrow as I plan to go and pick up some new wiper blades, anyone know how much OEM VW blades are ??

·
1,307 Posts
i made a point of asking for the centre caps because i have read about it on here, may as well get what you can under warranty. to be fair they didn't qestion it just said that would be fine as there is a known problem with them.

i bought a pair of wiper blades in late october from a garage in the lake district when i was on holiday, they charged ?20 each as they are both the same size.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
stu said:
to be fair they didn't qestion it just said that would be fine as there is a known problem with them
now thats a refreshing change - most dealers will say every problem is new to them

·
1,307 Posts
just for the record i use Lookers as they are my local dealer. all services are booked through the main branch in Darlington but the car is actually being serviced in Northallerton.

i thought there may have been a bit of a struggle too, but no questions asked..

·
180 Posts
Gave the Treg a good wash n polish today, noticed the new wheel centres are corroding already, will definately be going back now.
Ran out of time to go today, wipers will have do for another week, Treg takes hours to clean properly. Looks bloody great now though, well worth the effort. Forgot what manual labour was like, ooh me poor ol back.

·
242 Posts
Why nobody mentions Kwik Fit? It is just 200 pounds for service.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts