Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you get out of a treg whilst the engine is running and shut all the doors does the car self lock itself or what after a given time?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I have my car set for Drive-Off-Locking, so if want to get out with the engine running I have to pull the door handle twice which only un-locks the door I am pulling the internal handle for. If I get out all the other doors stay locked and just that one stays open.
If I stop the engine and remove the ignition key then all the doors unlock at the same time.

My first Treg had key-less entry- now that was clever?It would not allow you to lock the keys in the car but it was possible to get out of the car with the key in your pocket whist the engine was running (I can imagine that being a problem if you were having I valet parked..).

The self locking feature where the car relocked itself again after a certain time only works if none of the doors are opened so this should stop the keys being locked in.

Cas

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cas I was just wondering because I took the treg for a valet wher they put ot through a special automatic spray/wash booth type thing. The guy asked me to leave the motor running whilst it went through and asked me if the car would lock if in motion.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Wow- now that is a question!!!

My guess is that the Self-locking will not trigger as the keys are in the car but the Drive Away/Auto Locking will probably trigger is you have this selected in the settings and the car reached the trigger speed- I would ask the guess to wash it slowly and make sure you have the plastic wallet-key with you just in case it does lock.

Regards

Cas

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good point and noted.....now where is that little plastic key.......

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
The self lock mode only comes in at about 5 mph so I think you are safe in the cas wash - but I'd still take a spare key!!

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
It's in the convenience settings in the MFD/steering wheel buttons

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
yeah , you,l find it under the "liverpool" setting !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts