Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else come across this. Almost every time I take off my seat belt the buckle hits the door on it's way back to the B pillar. Alot of the time it hits the metal trim just under the wood trim below the window leaving a dent.

I bought this car used. Only 12 months old but I noticed the previous owner obviously had the same issue because of the amount of marks.

Has anyone brought this to their dealers attention and what was the action taken.

Thanks.

·
400 Posts
doesnt hit the door with me but i can see the small dents in the metal where it has done it in the past, maybe its only at certain seat / belt height settings ?

·
886 Posts
Hi There,

Yep!

Ours is the same. Can't say I have noticed the belt banging the door but then I don't drive it that much.

I did notice the dents quite a while ago when I was sat in the drivers seat waiting for Sue.

Sue was surprised :shock: at the dents when I pointed them out as she was not aware they were there.

Thought about mentioning it to the stealers but didn't think I would get much further than

" Been a bit clumsy with the belt haven't we sir!! " :oops:

Be interesting to know how many people are affected.

Tom

·
Registered
229 Posts
Noticed it on mine whilst cleaning last night

We have it on both sides between the B pillar and the wood insert, about a dozen dents each side, 'pitting' would be a better description.

You really have to look thou' a casual glance won't pick 'em up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here but only on the driver's side.

Not me, I have my seat too far back. Wonder who could have done that and how do I tell her gently

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
It happens on mine when you unclip the belt and let it fly.Fortunately no dents but it does make a big bang.
Have trained myself to hold the belt when it's retracting

·
319 Posts
I think it happens with most cars. The A4 was a bugger for it, as there was an wafer thin aluminium facia on the door.

There are, I believe 4 solutions

1. Don't wear a seat belt...hmmm
2. Open the door before your release the seat belt
3. Radical weight loss so belt retracts straight up to B pillar
4. Gaffer tape on the door

·
1 Posts
Happens to me too. Now very careful when releasing the belt.

I believe that it will depend upon your seating position. I'm 6'2" and sit a fair way back and down in the range of seat positions.

Guess I could let Higher Domestic Authority drive more often so that I could put matching dents on the passenger door but neither of those is likely:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts