Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Newbie here. Had my TG for 4 weeks now, loving it, especially given the snow cover at my house for 3 weeks now.

A few questions...

1) I've tried to copy music to the RN510 head unit using an SD card. I just get a message saying "SD card problem, please remove". It has been loaded with 7gb of MP3 using Itunes library. Any ideas why it won't read the card?
2) The head unit did give a pop and turned off the other day completely randomly. Turned it back in 2 minutes later and it seems fine. Should i be worried? I note that of the 4 or 5 cars i went to view, 2 had their head units removed and off for repair!
3) What's this about voice activation and a new software version? I don't have bluetooth so will i need a mic too? Where can i get my hands in these delicious toys?
4) Speaking of bluetooth, i assume i can't retro fit to fact to factory spec? I don't have the right multifunction wheel i think. Should i just get a Parrot or THBury kit?
5) How easy is it to fit headrest screens for my son? What should i be paying?

Thanks!

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Oh, questions questions.

With regard to 1 and 2, you need to go and get yourself upgraded to version 2660 of the software. Your software will only support 2GB SD cards. Also, version 1062 (which it sounds like you have) suffers from the occasional screen "pop" (nice description, btw) and freeze.

Question 3 - see how you get on at your dealership - if they don't come across, come back here and beg on bended knee forum member "stu" to help you out.

Question 4 - search on here for Kufatec - member "Cas" had one fitted and has reported extensively on it

Question 5 - check out forum member "newstuart" - he installed rear screens.

HTH

Welcome to the forum. Try the search function (it used to work brilliantly - probably does even better now)

Chris

(P.S. What's a TG?)

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the reply.

I have a great local dealer so i'll have a word about new software.

Oh and a TG is a Touragergereg ! I still can't spell or say it properly. Is it Too-a-Reg or Twa-reg?

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
"Twaaareg" should fit the bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts