Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have just purchased an aftermarket head unit with DVD, freeview etc. It states that the screen will go blank when I am driving, but I would like my passenger(s) to be able to see the screen. It also states that all you have to do is Ground the handbrake earth.

What I want to know is where is the best place to access the cabling to do this? Can it be done on the cabling behind the headunit? Also, by doing this, is this not then telling the touareg that the handbrake is actually on and then I get the warning up on the dash?!!!

Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Check out this thread which shows how a switch was installed as part of the solution to a similar issue on an MFD2 where supplying a12v supply to a pin on the MFD enabled video in motion.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2601216&page=3
In your case you could fit a similar switch connected to earth on one side and the other to the handbrake terminal on the head unit. When activated this will achieve the desired resuilt.

And while you are at it you could fill out an application for a Darwin Award in advance, there is a reason why its illegal for the driver to be able to see tv/dvd whilst moving!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts