Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2003 Treg and when i switch on the sat nav unit says S2. I have done a little googling, do i have a RN S2 MFD (CD-Version)?????

If so where can i source a disc newer than 2003??? does it need to be a VW one? or could i ring around some scrap yards to see if discs from other cars will work??

I have tried ebay but im not sure what unit i have and what disc is compatible, the Teleatlas website is very confusing.

Anyway any help would be great or if someone wants to sell one i would be interested, also I would interested in a France disc too.

Regards

Pants

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really confused, how do i know what system i have??? DVD??? CD???? all i know it say s2 when it starts up

G

·
Pants, Seems nobody fully understands it - especially me - but I have RNS2 and it has most of Europe on the disk. Just try to enter a place in France to check.

Cheers, Andy

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah cheers andy, I think I can say now mine is a RN S2 aswell
and a cd version , the upgrades I have looked for seem to be DVD

I wasn't aware that Europe maybe on the disc too.

The teleatlas site is not very clear regarding upgrades,
would they do a 2009/2010 version to fit in the rns2 ??

I'm sure I stumbled across one and it was £176

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Think it's this... Here

There's a whole other thread going on about it right now which I've been asking similar questions..

·
1,307 Posts
just a quick question, does anyone know if the audi RNS E is the same or compatible with VW RNS 2??????

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
just a quick question, does anyone know if the audi RNS E is the same or compatible with VW RNS 2??????
No such luck I'm afraid, display reads disc incompatible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts