Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

This is my first post as i am due to pick up my 2006 3.0 V6 Tdi a week on Monday. (i'm on holiday for a week so can't pick it up earlier!!)

My new car has built in Sat Nav and single CD player (I think) and i'm pretty sure that it doestn't have bluetooth or iPhone/iPod connectivity.

What are the best options to get this functionallity ?

I've thought about changing the whole unit, does anybody have any views on this unit ?

My link

Would love to hear people's views as this is all new to me !!!

·
560 Posts
Hi, welcome
mine also has sat nav, but I hada nokia Bluetooth and a mutlimedia connection.

Now then what I have done in my opinion is awesome and cheap

I changed the multimedia cable ends to a 3.5mm 4 pole socket.
On the socket I soldered the left and right speaker and pinched the microphone from the nokia kit.

Now I can listen away to the iPod, when I receive an incoming call, the music slowly fades out and the ringing
comes through car speakers, when answer call then the talking also comes through the speakers. After the conversation when the
other person hangs up the music fades back in,,, awesome.

so you will need, multimedia cable that connects to back of the unit, a 4 pole 3.5mm socket. 2 x 4 pole jacks and a soldering iron.

It sounds difficult but I could post wiring diagram.

Check out the topic called centre console to see how my iPhone sits and connects

hope this helps.

Ps due to the iPhone having a rubbish battery, I tend to keep the Bluetooth off, and it was becoming
a pain switching it on and off all the time, and if u have already started the car u had to switch off to get iPhone
to connect

·
560 Posts
Ps, any microphone will do, I did even think off using an old handfree kit, cutting the microphone
out and just clipping it onto the seat belt when I was driving

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
On the subject of Bluetooth what kit have most people with Facelift T2 cars gone for? I am looking for something that gives the usual fade in and out of music, stores the calls numbers hopefully without a seperate device which sits on the dash. Would like a system that is intergrated so I can safely send and receive calls.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
On the subject of Bluetooth what kit have most people with Facelift T2 cars gone for? I am looking for something that gives the usual fade in and out of music, stores the calls numbers hopefully without a seperate device which sits on the dash. Would like a system that is intergrated so I can safely send and receive calls.

Thanks
A lot of the T2's have the built in premium kit (including me), so you get all you have listed, but you need an RSAP compatible phone (basically nokia, HTC windows or most bberries).

·
1,307 Posts
yes i've got the factory fit too and i think its fab!! stores my phone book, does voice dialling, i can receive and read texts via the MFD, etc etc. great system. i also have the cradle in the centre arm rest so i can charge the phone up.

·
Honoured Member
2,175 Posts
Since the VW genuine B/T kit is incompatible with Iphone or any non RSAP phone the fix is to have a Fiscon B/T kit installed. Apparently it works in exactly the same way as the VW kit (Thru the steering wheel buttons, and phone book appears on MFD etc).

See here for an information about the kit:

http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/?gclid=CMO4ofGB8J8CFUIA4wodzWN3Yg

and:

http://www.vwcruise.com/49.html

I'm having this kit retro-fitted in a couple of weeks, and will report back on it's performance.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I have the Fiscon BT kit in my June 2009 Treg (it was a "stock" car without BT so agreed with the dealer to get BlueTooth fitted as part of the deal)- I must admit it looks the same as the VW version- works just like the VW one- but with any phone- bliss.

Send me a PM if you need more info or - if you live in the Midlands you are welcome to come and have a look at the fitted kit.

Cas

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
I have a HTC phone and a Blackberry Bold. I would rather go with the Fiscon kit and future proof the compatability. I will wait till you have had your phone fitted then if all sounds good, look to get one fitted.

·
Honoured Member
2,175 Posts
I have a HTC phone and a Blackberry Bold. I would rather go with the Fiscon kit and future proof the compatability. I will wait till you have had your phone fitted then if all sounds good, look to get one fitted.
OK reporting back.

Popped down to Bradford today and met up with the guys from OEM Retrofits. Bit of a strange set up really as tehir work is mainly with retrofitting BT kits, cruise control etc (see their website) at Main Dealer premises.

Anyone met up with them at an address in darkest Bradford, nice couple of lads, and Aky, one of the brothers and appears to be the brains of the outfit, fitted the kit in an hour and a half.

So what about the Fiscon BT kit?

Excellent bit of equipment. After fitting and a little bit of VAG COM jiggery pokery, my iPhone paired instantly, downloaded its phonebook and that was it.

Works perfectly, quality of transmitted and received audio excellent.

It integrates perfectly with the Head Unit and steering wheel controls. the Fiscon appearing as a new page when you cycle thru the pages on the wheel controls.

The whole process can be controlled with a few button pushes on the wheel from searching the phonebook to starting and stopping the call.

All in all an impress bit of kit that integrates seamlessly with the vehicle, apparently its firmware, although Parrot based operates and displays in exactly the same fashion as the VW kit, but has a much larger compatability base-my iPhone worked instantly with no glitches, as did SWMBO's Nokia 23 something or other.

If you need any more info just ask.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Hi Fil - good write up and recommendation.

A few questions:

Why did you choose OEM over Hazzy Dayz ?

Did you get the Fiscon Plus kit fitted ?

Where is phone mic located in car ?

What was final cost ?

How was the installation process - I am very particular on my cars - any marks/scratches after the install ?

Any pics ?

I have the BB Storm 1 and need a hands free bluetooth kit - been prevaricating on this for too long

Cheers,

Cass

·
Honoured Member
2,175 Posts
Hi Fil - good write up and recommendation.

A few questions:

Why did you choose OEM over Hazzy Dayz ?

Did you get the Fiscon Plus kit fitted ?

Where is phone mic located in car ?

What was final cost ?

How was the installation process - I am very particular on my cars - any marks/scratches after the install ?

Any pics ?

I have the BB Storm 1 and need a hands free bluetooth kit - been prevaricating on this for too long

Cheers,

Cass
Here's a few answers:

Me on holiday in the Lakes, OEM in Bradford - 67 miles, Happy Dayz in London (or somewhere down South where I will never be with the Treg)

Yep, Fiscon Plus.

Mic is at top of A pillar trim on driver side. Sound is good.

Cost was £395, as per their website.

Not a single mark, he was very aware that the piano black scratches even if you only look at it. He had a soft sheet with soft rubber underneath covering the entire lower console and a low tack tape over the switch panel below the head unit.

Sorry no pics, all there was to see was hole in the dash while the H/U was out, and then the Fiscon boxes were connected and popped into the spaces either side of the H/U.

If you want to see what the displays are like have a look on the Fiscon or happy Dayz websites.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Cheers Fil,

All answered to my satisfaction

Cass

1 - 14 of 14 Posts