Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place....

Chaps can any of you recommend / comment on a Safety Camera Detector, I a few simple requirements;

Removable
Self powering (battery) - cigaret lighter powered as an option
Updatable via PC, I'm not interested in the ones that update via gprs and a sim card
Doesnt' take up too much space on the dash
looks - subjective I know but Mrs Rhodsie is very particular....
?200 max
any monthly update subscription should be less than ?5 ish...

I'm aware that I should save my hard earned cash and not break the speed limit, however i'd like to be alerted to blackspots on the road, schools etc so I can be extra careful, the safety camera alerting is simply an added bonus.....
Many thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Removable - Yes, drops in your pocket.
Self powering (battery) - cigaret lighter powered as an option - yes - has USB
Updatable via PC, I'm not interested in the ones that update via gprs and a sim card - yes via USB
Doesnt' take up too much space on the dash - you won't believe how small it is.
looks - subjective I know but Mrs Rhodsie is very particular.... - me too and I like it a lot
?200 max - oh, yes, well within budget!
any monthly update subscription should be less than ?5 ish... - I got free liefetime updates.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... owaf81vEyU

And only ?40! [I got mine for just ?20 in the opening offer!!]

The beauty of this is you can so easily take it from car to car if you drive several or have a courtesy car for example.

I have an Origin B2 permanently wired in becasue I use the large digital speedo as a heads up device but I have the Inforad as back up becasue it is so very portable and compact.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi, try the Inforad around ?54 depending on which model updates via usb /web. Watch for announcements for new/upgraded models on their web site,which normally have heavy discount. Its one of the smallest on the market and sits on the dash nicely..

Just read the above again... granny and eggs again sorry... :oops:

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps - you have collectively probably just saved me ?170 and ?5 per month... give yourselves a pat on the back

Thanks a million!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts