Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise if this is a base question but here goes.. (and I have tried searching out there and in here but it's all so damn confusing with so many models used in so many vehicles, etc. etc)

I have taken a few pictures of my unit (and the disc case, but it seems to be stating compatibility with RNS / MFD, etc, etc)

I want to establish what it is I have so I can try to get relevant bits together for ..

1) Somehow connecting 3.5 jack for playing ipod
2) Possibly connecting fish-eye camera of sorts in the rear for parking aid for Mrs Surfette (and would also be sooooo handy when reversing up to hitch caravan on)

Thanks in advance,

Ev

·
1,307 Posts
this is mfd2 Ev...sorry don't know about it as i have RNS 510

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Dude!

Was quite confusing seeing references to RNS2 and MFD2 sometimes seemingly talking about the same thing...

I want to set up my 2 options as above (most importantly no. 1 - ipod) so want to get correct bits.. Anybody out there know the bits needed?
These items seem to only work for either ipod or generic audio or DVD audio...Here

Any advice from somebody who knows the MFD2 and has done either / similar would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers,
Ev

·
749 Posts
The picures are of an RN-S2 Blaupunkt Sat Nav unit, i believe MFD stands for multifunction display of which there are two types, the LED type which is MFD 1 and LCD colour which is MFD2 and is fitted with the sat nav unit, please correct me if i am wrong

·
1,307 Posts
yes thinking about it now that i am awake, i think you are right!!! MFD is as you said multi function display.

sorry if i gave you biff info Ev!!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did also post a reply this morning but it said it needed a moderator to confirm for me...

·
Super Moderator
15,723 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm..

I looked through that forum (and have also registered) but was surprised to see either lack of information / example cases of this being done with the MFD2.
What threads there were were mostly inconclusive or just vague.

I think I'm gonna have to get my hands on the keys ot remove the unit so I can see the rear sockets myself and maybe things will get a little clearer..

This device looks OK XCarLink One but is also expensive and would need another adaptor to plug the ipod in too..

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm.. Not for me.

I like the integration of the VW installed unit. I just want to complete the integration as above and I'll be sorted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts