Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I hope someone can help me before I end up taking the RNS2 out and throwing it in the bin!
I listen to a local radio station BBC WM. Whilst driving, the station will change by itself. Part of the AF RDS system I presume. Sometimes, if i press the preset, it will go back to BBC WM, sometimes it won't and it stays locked onto another local BBC radio station.
I can't find a control anywhere to switch this off, not even in the handbook.
I want to listen to WM not the other local stations.

Can anyone please assist me with this?

Many thanks

·
656 Posts
No problem.

press 'RADIO'
enter the 'SETTINGS' menu
Change the 'RDS REG' from 'AUTO' to 'OFF'.

This should solve your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, thank you for the reply. I actually tried this and it didn't seem to make any difference.
After the channel changed, and I got it back to WM again (after quite some time!) I checked the setting again and it had gone back to Auto. I set it again to off and 're-memorized' the preset.
Still it does it.
It's like one of those Volvo things that the lights won't go off!

·
656 Posts
hmmmm, strange. Is the WM signal very weak where you are. Perhaps it is searching for a stronger signal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the signal isn't the best but it is 'fluff-free' if you know what I mean.
On a 1 mile drive around town, the channel might change 20-30 times! Always between two local BBC radio stations (WM and Herefor and Worcester).
In my old car (a Jeep), you just pressed the AF button to turn this off. THe station stayed on even if the signal faded to nothing.
I called my local VW dealer and they thought I had two heads. No idea they said.
Blaupunkt will not support factory fit and refer me to the dealer who have no idea what to do.
I'm just going round in circles now.
The RDS regional option looks like it should do the required thing but it really doesn't.

I'm at a total loss now.

It's quite important to me because I work with BBC/WM on their consumer phone-in show during the day and I need to be able to hear what is happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts