Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
My update was from vagtechik and even with the VIN being supplied and it all working OK it still throws up a fault codes for
03276 - Please Check Software Version Management
03623 - Invalid Security/Release Code

·
Super Moderator
15,923 Posts
My update was from vagtechik and even with the VIN being supplied and it all working OK it still throws up a fault codes for
03276 - Please Check Software Version Management
03623 - Invalid Security/Release Code
That’s the slight downside with non-VW updates. You will also lose the updated maps if you have to get the head unit repaired or have any system updates/recalls done at a dealer. Mine went missing when VW diagnosed a problem with my media control unit but I eventually got the latest genuine maps updated by the dealer FOC.

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
The saga continues. Not sure if the guy knows any more than us. He supplied another map card, that didn't help. Now waiting for a second activation card. Asked the question re me supplying the vin number but he didn't request it just said they would post out another card. Somehow I doubt that this will end well.

• Wow
Reactions: Cass

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
Finally after 6 weeks I have my navigation working again.
Learnt a lot along the way having spent hours researching the subject online.
I'll not get into a rant but would definitely not recommend the supplier.
Technical advice was virtually non existent, but thankfully they eventually supplied usable replacements for the faulty SD cards.

VIN number was not required for activation. When researching I read that, if I understood it correctly, a cloned VIN number can already be in the files so basically they use the same VIN for every activation they supply.

Anyhow I now have latest firmware and V15 maps. I doubt that I'll ever be updating again! 🙂

Output device Font Audio equipment Personal luxury car Gas

·
Registered
307 Posts
Finally after 6 weeks I have my navigation working again.
Learnt a lot along the way having spent hours researching the subject online.
I'll not get into a rant but would definitely not recommend the supplier.
Technical advice was virtually non existent, but thankfully they eventually supplied usable replacements for the faulty SD cards.

VIN number was not required for activation. When researching I read that, if I understood it correctly, a cloned VIN number can already be in the files so basically they use the same VIN for every activation they supply.

Anyhow I now have latest firmware and V15 maps. I doubt that I'll ever be updating again! 🙂

View attachment 37659
Nice one👍 Modern electronics are a pain in the arse sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
15,923 Posts
Result at last chaser 👨‍🔧

·
Registered
275 Posts
@chaser does it throw up the fault codes that I mentioned in post #21 ?

·
Super Moderator
15,923 Posts
Mine was an update from VAGTechnik and show those faults. It’s because it didn’t update using VWs own software I was told.
Any third party update will show those fault codes but they don’t affect the operation of the unit or the navigation 👍

·
Registered
307 Posts
Any third party update will show those fault codes but they don’t affect the operation of the unit or the navigation 👍
Yeh I know. Not had any problems with it at all following the update

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeh I know. Not had any problems with it at all following the update
My update was from Vagtechnik the only thing I did notice after the update was the speed limit sign on the RNS display had disappeared ??

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
Oh man did I have a nightmare with fault codes.

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
After eventually getting the maps installed I had this..

Computer Personal computer Blue Font Gadget

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
But then after sussing out the activation I was just left with the SVM code..
Font Material property Pattern Parallel Paper

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
(sorry for the separate posts, switching between devices)

Googled until my fingers were sore..
Found this but couldn't find an online calculator that would give me a usable answer.

Then I found and used this (scroll to the calculator at the bottom) which did work and cleared the SVM code..

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
BUT THEN this appeared..
Font Mesh Material property Wood Pattern

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
Soooo I drove the car to the supermarket and back today and thought I'd have another look this afternoon at removing this 01043 incorrect software version code.

Set to starting with a VCDS scan. What do you know no fault found!! Not sure what happened, maybe just driving the car giving all controllers a chance to communicate :unsure:
I'll check again in a week or so. Hopefully it doesn't return.

Font Parallel Rectangle Paper Document

Reactions: Cass

·
Mechanical Guru
2,968 Posts
My update was from Vagtechnik the only thing I did notice after the update was the speed limit sign on the RNS display had disappeared ??
Wasn't ignoring you, only just noticed the post. TBH now you mention it I don't remember seeing the speed limit on display but to be sure i'll have to check next time I use the car.
I've read on other non VAG forums that the speed limits have bee dropped from the map data of new vehicles and updates due to conflict with traffic sign recognition.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wasn't ignoring you, only just noticed the post. TBH now you mention it I don't remember seeing the speed limit on display but to be sure i'll have to check next time I use the car.
I've read on other non VAG forums that the speed limits have bee dropped from the map data of new vehicles and updates due to conflict with traffic sign recognition.
Not that I relied on the screen prompt but it was a nice conformation that I hadn't missed a road sign with a lower limit and I don't have TSR just the basic sensor for the AFS light bending

21 - 40 of 43 Posts