Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased my touareg this week with the RNS 510 system installed and am unable to input postcodes. The DVD loaded on the HDD is version 1, could anybody please confirm that version 3 will allow postcodes before I go to the expense of upgrading the disc.
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Hi Rob

Have you bought new or second hand?

If new you should be ready to shout at the dealer. The disc they should be supplying is at least ver 3, possibly ver 4 by now.

This contains the fix for the entry of postcodes. If you have bought second hand you will need to go to a dealer to see if they will upgrade your unit with the latest version. Hopefully they will have a disc available.

If you live close to any members they may be able to assist if you hit problems.

Hope this helps

Domo

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Domo
Many thanks for your quick reply.
The car is one year old purchased from my local dealer so I would imagine the version 1 disc is the one that was current when it was registered new.
I will have to pay for the upgrade I think as I didn't realise when I struck the deal otherwise I may have been able to negotiate for the upgrade in the price.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Not necessarily ...

You do not need to leave the disc in, the software simply needs to be uploaded to the HDD.

If you live near someone who has the disc, all they have to do is put in in the unit for 20 minutes or so.

I think you will find it is quite expensive to buy.

Where are you based?

Domo

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in south Northants/Oxfordshire . The dealer mentioned about ?180 for the upgrade, seems an awful lot of money.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Unfortunately my work rarely takes me below Birmingham so I am not really able to help.

Hopefully a member is not too far from you could help ... unless you ever get up North

Good luck

Domo

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for your offer anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts