Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maps on my Dec 09 model are at least 2 years out of date, not much point in having satnav that is so old !!

Has anyone found a map update for the Navteq DVD.

According to Navteq VW will not allow them to sell an update even though their maps are far more up to date, have to go through the dealer. On their web site the roads are a lot nearer to current than their DVD.

My local dealer has just got a new Touareg and other cars with same system and the DVD is the same with old and out of date maps.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Nothing new here I'm afraid. My map was obsolete even when I bought the car new in May 2009. I was given a V3 maps (had to ask the dealer for my disc) even V4 had been released and was available for a new Mk VI Golf GTi at the same dealership. I complained but was told that the maps were allocated on chassis build numbers and the situation is not just typical to VW. I'm sure we are up to V6+ now.

If you can't get a free upgrade from your dealer, the only option is to get a copy from some kind forum member - like Stu

I'm going to try and blag one from my dealership when I complain about not getting my 23F4 software recall done properly today.

Cass

·
1,307 Posts
yes version 6 is the latest and most up to date map for the RNS 510

it was released sept/oct last year. to be honest its not that much different to V5 but like everyone else you always want the newest you can get.

the main thing to remember when dealing with maps is that they are always all out of date when issued due to the length of time it takes to make them, but they are never that far out of date that the main routes have altered significantly enough to make any difference.

Cass...are you wanting new maps mate??...

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Stu - have PM'd you

Cass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts