Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not touch them with a barge pole! Dropped my Treg in for the 3rd time today to hopefully finally fix the fuel pump although who knows what they will / will not do. I finally had to put my key on the desk this morning and walk to work despite having arranged for them to give me a lift and pick me up as they declared this was booked in for 10:30am not 8:30 and decided that they do not offer a pick up service. Nor were they prepared to pay for a taxi to get me to work as 'it was not their policy'.

Lets just see if they remember to change the chrome window surrounds as they are supposed to do today - i doubt it very much.

I have called up VW luxury service today to raise a formal complaint so lets see what happens - nothing probably like last time when they just lied to me down the phone.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
oh dear - sorry to hear about this rangus - fingers crossed they sort it and turn your opinion around

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Hi Rangus

They are absolutely shocking

Whenever i took my car in (i work 'around the corner in Beaston, just within walking distance) I averaged between 2 and 3 visits for each problem - 1 to diagnose, 1 for them to not deal with the problem correctly/forget to do any work/finally admit they forgot to order the part, and 1 to finally do it right.

I've been given every excuse under the sun by staff who don't give a to$$. I was once even asked to drive over from liverpool on a saturday after they'd forgotten to do some work while i was in leeds (well, they didn't forget - they had the brass balls to tell me they'd not had enough time to fit my car in after 3 weeks wait for a micro switch
)

I know that John Williamson (used to be head treg technician) browses on here occassionaly

John - if you're watching - sort out yer garage!

P.S Rangus - your dodgy fuel pump will be the webasto heater - it warms the oil on cool mornings and ticks like a time bomb until the engine is heated up then slowly gets quieter. nothing to worry about, and there is a warranty fix where it is replaced with a non ticking version. Either they are replacing that for you, or they are picking up warranty work on the sly while replacing the webasto heater.......and i wouldn't put it past them after my experiences with them :roll:

My advice is t go to JCT on Canal Road in Bradford - an all round better experience if you deal with Laura

·
93 Posts
delt wih them with my first treg

would not touch with a baeg pole according to them I went around to many corners

oh my gos we have corners in this country

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
REDI said:

would not touch with a baeg pole according to them I went around to many corners

Yep - they tried that sort of [email protected] with me as well - they tried telling me I'd kerbed my car when I took it in due to a duff Stepper Motor

Kerbing a 4x4 and knocking out the wheel allignment - I actually laughed out loud in the middle of the garage at that one :roll:

·
93 Posts
mjstubley said:
REDI said:

Yep - they tried that sort of [email protected] with me as well - they tried telling me I'd kerbed my car when I took it in due to a duff Stepper Motor

Kerbing a 4x4 and knocking out the wheel allignment - I actually laughed out loud in the middle of the garage at that one :roll:
God I got that as well so I asked if when i took their big beefy offroader off road would I have to get it retracked every time....

.....they said yes

Laughed turned left

·
47 Posts
Hi. Now out of business. Maybe due to bad custormer service. I did not have to use them. Seems like I got away lightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts