Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
by pure chance i asked a dealer last week, about ?500 fitted. are you looking at an altitude up north by any chance??

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
AdamYates said:
Any idea how much these would be to have retrofitted.........................
if you haven't already bought the Treg then I highly recommend getting one with Parking sensors already - the Treg system is probably one of the best I've used.

·
Chairman
20,090 Posts
Mine hasn't got sensors but I'm thinking about retro-fitting a reversing camera [and no, I don't have screen up front either] so my question is, has anyone used one of the kits from the likes of Maplins?

·
Registered
59 Posts
have used a retro fit parking camera on a motorhome, to be honest i'd go with the sensors every time, very difficult to gauge everything (distance etc) and it only points straight back, misses alot of the peripheral stuff.

just my personal experience, maybe someone has good experience..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had my Treg for about 3 months now, most of time I can manage quite easily without sensors, there are just some of the car parks that spaces do not cater for a mini let alone the Treg where it becomes a bit of a struggle...........

Currently get the wife to get out and make sure I do not scratch the car :wink:

?500 VW installed does not sound too bad, considering the possible cost of bodywork repairs

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have just received a quote for ?350 for rear sensors only, according to my local dealer VW do not produce a retrofit package for any vehicle for front sensors (guess it must be to do with running the loom or something like that)

Have it booked in for a week on Monday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts