Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am pondering replacing the rn s2 head unit in my Treg, the sat nav even with the 2009 maps is really quite awfull compared to my old faithful Tomy

I reckon ?800 should get me something with bluetooth ipod cd satnav dvd, the biggy for me thou is the sat nav

The newer rn systems have the same maps i assume so i havent really considered them.

Any suggestions

Dal

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks interesting, but i dont think it would all come in under the ?800, time to do a little research

nice one thanks Kaine

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
I've been interested in a CarPC now for some years but not done anything about it yet

Let me know what you come up with

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
G

·
Here is what I did with mine a few months ago,

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6677

Head unit was about ?750 if i remember correctly but then added ipod leads, reverse camera, 2 rear screens, a cable to interface between the factory wiring and the new unit plus a facia panel to fit a double din unit in the dash. This took the budget to ?1150.

I have Bluetooth, Ipod (music and video), Garmin sat nav (looks the same software as in my other cars portable Garmin sat nav), reverse camera, dvd player etc.

The whole lot took a weekend to install ( would have been a few hours if it wasnt for the rear screens).

So far I am very happy with it

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
newstuart said:
Here is what I did with mine a few months ago,

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6677

Head unit was about ?750 if i remember correctly but then added ipod leads, reverse camera, 2 rear screens, a cable to interface between the factory wiring and the new unit plus a facia panel to fit a double din unit in the dash. This took the budget to ?1150.

I have Bluetooth, Ipod (music and video), Garmin sat nav (looks the same software as in my other cars portable Garmin sat nav), reverse camera, dvd player etc.

The whole lot took a weekend to install ( would have been a few hours if it wasnt for the rear screens).

So far I am very happy with it
Not to worried about the screens at the moment as i have a roof mount 9" screen, but it does do everything i want it to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts