Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
As we don?t have an Australian owner?s forum I trust you don?t mind an Aussie joining in.
We do however have a problem, took delivery of our lovely 3.6TDI 3 months ago and in that time have consumed some 12 lts of coolant. Service shop carried out pressure testing etc 4 weeks ago and advised no fault to be found. Last week I returned the car as it has gone through a further 6 lts of coolant - no visible leakage and no sign of loss of power or blowing it out the exhaust! I requested a full check of engine oil and further revised pressure test on engine.
Two days later - received phone call advising "you need a new engine"!! Apparently local techs believe the engine is evaporating the coolant and it's easier to replace it rather then repair and Germany wants it back for full analysis.
SO QUESTION - has any issue been evident with UK vehicles fitted with the 3.6 TDI???
Value any feedback.
Cheers,
Dave

·
Ex-Treg owner
1,984 Posts
Hi Dave. You are most welcome. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

The fault you are describing hasn't cropped up on here before, certainly over the last 2-3 years since I've been around. We don't have the 3.6TDI engine on offer in the UK either. Be intersting to hear about this one...hope it's sorted soon. Are you under warranty?

·
3,680 Posts
3.5 diesel that's got to be a nice motor. Sorry about your problems but I'm sure the dealer will have the car back on the road in no time.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
As the others welcome

Good that they picked the fault up in the end

As Rob, 3.6TDI never seen this one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome,
Sorry miss-keyed, it is the 3.0 TDI. The folks at local dealership are being fine and are busy trying to find another loan Touareg, my biggest concern is that nobody in this country has stripped an engine let alone replaced one and I'm concerned that with no matter how much good will and intention we will end up with on-going problems caused by the changeover.
Shall keep you posted as I'm now going to advise I want a replacement vehicle rather than a new engine, we purchased a new car as "factory built" and that?s what we want.
Cheers,
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts