Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2007 3.6 V6 FSI SE, Coil Springs
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As the title hints at, this is regarding that Touareg that was customised by ProSpeed back in 2012..

I have been on the hunt for some under-body protection for my Touareg and in my searches, I decided to reach out to ProSpeed and see if they still made anything for the Touareg. It turns out that was a bespoke job by the then-owner of that vehicle. Long story short, ProSpeed recently got back in touch with me as would you believe, they have had all the kit back and wanted to see if I was interested.. which I am. This is where I would like some feedback from you guys. The set-up as far as I can tell includes the following;

Kevlar fuel tank protetion
Rock sliders
Front bumper and hidden winch mount
Full underbody skid plate, including rear diff guard
Roof rack
Roof access ladder for the tailgate
Heavy duty tow hitch, like the ones you get on the back of a defender.

My understanding is that the roof rack is no use as it is off the first gen Touareg and mine is a facelift so has the roof bars rather than the channels. Are there any other differences that would make any of this not suitable?

They are really looking at selling it all on in one lot but may consider splitting it up. So my big question would be, in your collective opinion, what would you value this at, taking into consideration that it is 10 years old at least, albeit a bespoke, one-off product.

Thanks

Registered
Depends on what they're asking and condition. Might any of it fit my 11 model? 馃槈Generally speaking unless it's been grounded plenty the chances are it's all in decent nick. 馃憤

Registered
2007 3.6 V6 FSI SE, Coil Springs
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are asking for 拢1500 for the lot. Which I think is not bad, but. I have only seen a few pictures and none of them were of the roof rack or ladder the tow bar needs the powder coating replaced as it has started to rust off. The bash plates would benefit from a sand blast to revitalise them. The bumper needs a bracket rewelded and the rock sliders look ok, but I have only seen the top side not the underside, same goes for the bash plates.

But as mentioned before I don't want the tow bar and can't really use the roof rack so I don't want to have to buy it all, unless I can guarantee a resale of the stuff I don't need/want.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts