Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 3.6 V6 FSI SE, Coil Springs
108 Posts
I was also in this position when looking at taking the Treg offroad. I have come to the conclusion that the OEM tow eys and the points the fit to are more than strong enough for the job, I would avoid 'kinetic' recovery as much as possible, as it's just asking for trouble. As far as using a strop goes, my understanding from a training course we had is to try and keep the direction of pull as straight as possible, so make sure the strop connecting the 2 eyes is long enough to not put excessive lateral tension on the eyes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My rear recovery points are what I use to hold my spare carrier on... so have placed a shackle point just beside one of these on the cross bar, only used it gently so far but it should be fine, not planning any dynamic tugs tbh.

I agree with nooby, that is a very nice wheel carrier. Where did that come from? Or is it a DIY job??

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think it's a very elegant design. I have been looking at what options there for using the recovery points as mounting points for a detachable bull bar on the front. What did you use as the mounting bolts? Or are they custom made as well?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very good. My Treg needs a full realignment and as part of that it needs basically all the bushes replaced, which is a pretty eye watering bill heading my way. I just did an online We Steel Any Car Dot Com and the the value of my VR6 Treg is depressingly low, so I have decided I may as well go all out on my off road mods! .

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm in Scotland, a place called Montrose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah just a wee bit far! Lol.
I need to get this alignment sorted, the I have to address some rust in the rear arches. Then I think some front recovery points, I really want to install a hidden winch as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts