Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been on for a couple of weeks so apologies if I've missed anyone else mention this.

Just had the dealer on the phone Friday tea time to arrange for my 57 plate 3.0tdi SE to go in for a recall on the rear spoiler. Apparently, according to the service desk girl, the retaining clips have been found to be inadequate and the spoiler "could fly off at any time".

I thought they would need the car for a couple of hours to replace said clips, but apparently the spoiler has to be replaced so it has to go through the bodyshop so they'd need it longer. I suggested that maybe they could get the spoiler and get it painted before I come in and then it would take just a couple of hours since it's incredibly unlikley I'll get a courtesy car out of them, to which she replied "that's a good idea, I'll let them know and I'll phone you when the spoiler is ready" :!: Who runs these dealerships
:

I'm pencilled in for the 20th so will let you know how I get on

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Andy - could you clarify with them regarding it being a 'recall' - nothing is listed with vosa - coudl you ask them for a reference number of the recall from VW

Thanks in advance

Kaine

·
1,307 Posts
Yes, i will be watching this too as it could be an ideal time to get my car into the garage for anything else that is required,if it is a general recall. I bought it from an independant used car dealer this week and would like it all checked over to give a clean bill of health.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kaine said:
Andy - could you clarify with them regarding it being a 'recall' - nothing is listed with vosa - coudl you ask them for a reference number of the recall from VW

Thanks in advance

Kaine
I will be speaking to them this week sometime to clarify exactly when I will take it in, so will get the info then and post it up.
All the girl said was that they had received details of it from VW on the 30th June and were trying to get all the Tregs in and sorted asap.

Andy

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found this on the web. It seems to suggest the problem only exists in the U.S but I guess Euro cars are being looked at as well. Seems strange they said to me that they will fit a new spoiler when it says they will reinforce, but I think I pefer to have a whole new one fitted.

Anyway, meantime... http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2009/07 ... er-defect/

Andy

·
Elite Member
1,921 Posts
Hello all.

Just been in for a new steering rack under warranty and was advised of the same spoiler replacement. To be clear VW state this isnt a recall but what is know as a "campaign" (number 6D66).

I am booked in for this aswell and have been told it is a half day job so my new spoiler must have been prepainted.

Also noted on my service that then 17 litres of oil mentioned in another thread was stated on my service sheet. However when you look at the oil cost versus buying a one litre top up, I havent paid for 17 litres.

I will ask for the reason for the "17 litres" when I go back in for the spoiler.

G

·
From the Arabia website, it appears that 6D66 applies to post 07 facelift Tregs only. Anyone else read it this way or have positive proof?

I think I noticed that oil is listed on service invoices in 500ml units..............crazy, but it explains the need for 17, and why they cost less than a litre top up. Still a fantastic price!!

Cheers, Andy

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
andynpz said:
From the Arabia website, it appears that 6D66 applies to post 07 facelift Tregs only. Anyone else read it this way or have positive proof?

I think I noticed that oil is listed on service invoices in 500ml units..............crazy, but it explains the need for 17, and why they cost less than a litre top up. Still a fantastic price!!

Cheers, Andy
That is certainly how I read it Andy but I will try and find out more when I call them this week to book mine in.

Andy S

·
10 Posts
My Treg is going for a service tomorrow & have been advised there is a recall on the rear spoiler - let you know the outcome.

·
104 Posts
Rang the dealer I use and he has confirmed that the recall applies here in Ireland also for 2007 on facelift models. Full spoiler replacement.

I'm not going to rush to get it done though. I'll wait till I can plan to be near them for a day or two.

·
1,307 Posts
Hi all, i called my local dealer (Lookers of Northallerton) to find out about this. They said to bring it in today first thing which i did and they had all the parts ready and waiting to fit..
Unfortunately they said it would be about three hours, i wasn't prepared for that today so they let me choose a day that suited me to book it back in, sorted out a courtesy car for me also. They said they have done one last week so are aware of the issue and very very helpful!!. Now getting done at the end of the month. This is my first visit ti this dealership as i have been a Landrover man for years and so far i am very impressed!! hope that they are this good for everything else.

·
1,307 Posts
Had my spoiler sorted out today, i was shown a list of parts on the computer screen that were ordered in to complete the job. They had the car all day and it was ready for me tonight on my way home. Job done, good service from this garage..

·
108 Posts
Hi all just had my spoiler done today car in at 08.00 phone call to say it was ready at 11.30 but still to pick up car as the wife has the courtesy car so will see when she gets home. Keaths Garage Aylesbury done the work.

all done all good and valeted
graham

·
318 Posts
Rang my local dealer this morning to ask about this recall and they checked against the registration number - Lo and behold, it's straight in tomorrow to get the fixings checked.

·
1,307 Posts
i am not a happy bunny today!!!..i foolishly didn't check the car over when i collected it on Tuesday night. I was tired after a long day and it was raining too. I didn't use it on Wednesday, but I opened the boot today to put the dog in and i noticed a scratch and a dent which can only be caused by some idiot in the garage.. :evil: :evil:

i called them straight away, neadless to say they said they would call back. I missed the return call as it was at 6 o'clock tonight and i was outside and didn't hear the phone, probably just as well!! So i will be calling first thing in the morning to see what they have to say. I know it's partially my fault for not checking the car, but i also know there was no scratch or dent before i dropped it off on Tuesday morning. Moral of the story... if you are having work on your car always check it before you leave the garage no matter what time of day or the weather!!

·
54 Posts
Checked with dealer and its only certain cars, they will check if you ring, mine not required to be recalled so wont have to bol***k garage for damage.

Hope you get it sorted stu !!

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
On tall cars, the one area nearly always overlooked is the roof!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rang the dealer where the car was purchased from - Dane VW in Chester

The lady I spoke to on the Service desk was not aware of any recalls and when I gave her the Reg number she told me it was recalled for the spoiler. She told me that they would need it all day and that I had to wait nearly a month to get a courtesy car. It is scary and surprised that VW have not written or communicated this to the owners of the affected, if I had not read the thread on this forum I would be non the wiser. Me wonders if VW would pay insurance excesses if the spoiler did come off and hit another vehicle or worst still a person??

This is shocking given the issue with the recall in the first place - spoiler coming off at speed.

All booked in now just have to wait and pray the spoiler does not come off in the meantime !!!! Luxury Car Support was no good either

·
Elite Member
1,921 Posts
Just got back from having the spoiler campaign work done.
Hung around whilst they did the work, took 90 minutes
They also gave me the clips for the seat height lever niggle as a "defect" item aswell.

Checked car with a fine tooth comb before leaving after other's experiences in this thread! All OK here.

Gilder Sheffield 10/10 on this one.

(nice new cafe area full of old VWs to keep me occupied whilst I was there aswell).

I never fail to be surprised when the dealers do what they say they're going to even though I shouldnt be. Might be 5 years of Ford company cars in the dim and distant past that makes me this way!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts