Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just got a notification for recall 91E1 - something to do with the SatNav. Anyone know what this is?

AJ

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Not sure

Is your Treg new? with the latest Nav? The term recall tends to relate to a problem rather than a software upgrade, so I'd be interested to know

Kaine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it from new at the beginning of month so it has the dvd satnav. I had a call from the dealer I bought it from last week saying it was needed but no letter from VW. Maybe recall is the wrong term and could just be a required firmware update but it has a code (91E1) associated with it. Not booked in locally until 28th August so won't know what it entails for a while (the person booking in didn't know what is was).

AJ

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
I wondering if it has something to do with the Version 3 disc? I'm still waiting for mine, however I believe when they are avaiable you have to return the old disc before you can get the new one - bit odd if they are calling this a recall, however it could be this??

keep us posted

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all the software on some satnav units are incomplete and causes some amount of problems , ie. screen freeze , screen goes blank, unit not switching on to satnav , lost of directions and so on .
And how did all this happend then: well ask Hanz & Fritz

software update 91E1 should sort this
D

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Treg Tech, while you are there maybe you could comment on this :

I posted a question and link to another forum which talked at length about firmware upgrades to the touchscreen unit.

Is this something you have heard about and is it something that VW will provide if required.

http://www.mytreg.com/rns-510-firmware-upgrade--dab-radio-t5532.html

I never had a response on the previous post and I would be interested to know your thoughts.

cheers

Domo

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Tregtech said:
Hi all the software on some satnav units are incomplete and causes some amount of problems , ie. screen freeze , screen goes blank, unit not switching on to satnav , lost of directions and so on .
And how did all this happend then: well ask Hanz & Fritz

software update 91E1 should sort this
D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Domo
The touchscreen update is in fact the "recall "91E1 and that DVD contains the software completion that is missing on the Satnav unit . You saw yourself all weird and wonderfull problems came to light on the vwnavi forum.

Yes if your satnav needs the upgrade , then your local dealer will do it for you FOC. But just to hand this DVD information over to some one is a deffinate NO NO.

As for the DAB function, I have read some thing some where a while ago. I don't think this function is availible in the UK , Or they were working on it to make it availible in the UK. Tbh i'm not a 100% sure it was to long ago i read that . sorry !!
Not much help though

D

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Cheers for the feedback "Tech"

I suspected the 2 things were one and the same ...

As you say, reading the forum tells of some very interesting experiences ...

My adage is if it ain't broke, leave it alone and so far I have had no issues with the unit.

I would always think twice about doing a firmware upgrade and to do it with data downloaded from an unknown source is asking for trouble.
It is good to know that the dealers are aware of the firmware options.

It is interesting looking at the system setup menu and seeing some of the options listed including DAB ... it does make you wonder what is possible with the unit.

Many thanks

Domo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had this done end of last week and just as Tregtech says is a reliability update of the firmaware (no functional changes from what I can see).

Thanks all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts