Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
anyone able to advise if they've had a split/leaking rear washer pipe?
It seems all the freezing temperatures has split mine!!!
I would like to know how hard/easy it is to replace the section of split pipe.
The water is [email protected]??ing out near to the tailgate.
Not something I've experienced before. Any advice or tips gratefully received!!!
Thanks.....

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
If it is coming out of the roof lining at the rear of the car, then your dealer probably knows exaclty what to do - mine did and it was ?100 to get in to the right spot and sort it out.

You need to keep you washer fluid right up to strength for the winter months - I was too late moving over to neat fluid in 2008 which is how I got caught out.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that. Same here!! I was too late going onto the neat stuff!!!

·
242 Posts
noobytoogy said:
If it is coming out of the roof lining at the rear of the car, then your dealer probably knows exaclty what to do - mine did and it was ?100 to get in to the right spot and sort it out.

You need to keep you washer fluid right up to strength for the winter months - I was too late moving over to neat fluid in 2008 which is how I got caught out.

Sorry for my bad English. Could you please explain in plain language the bold, blue line above for me?

G

·
Translation! In freezing temperatures mix windscreen washer fluid with water when filling windscreen washer bottle. Use at least 50% fluid - some people recommend 100% fluid. If you don't do this (and also activate rear washer until the strong solution reaches the rear nozzle) it is likely that the plain water in the pipework under the roof will freeze and rupture the pipe, causing it to leak. Nooby didn't do this in 2008 and got a leak.

hope this helps bogey

·
242 Posts
Thank you so much. I have learnt a lot.

·
83 Posts
I have had this on several VW's, usually the liquid freezes but doesn't rupture the pipe but forces the connecting joints open when you use the rear wash wipe. Unfortunately on the Touareg the joints are right in the roof lining and it needs to be dropped to get to them. I had the same issue recently and also had the rear tailgate struts fail and this required the roof lining to be dropped as well so asked the garage to fix the leak and it was indeed a pushed off joint. As others have said have a high concentrate of wash liquid will stop it freezing again.

G

·
Dearda, thanks for the explanation - it's obvious now! - I did wonder why rubber/plastic pipe was apparently bursting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts