Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some heavy frost, the rear wash wipe didn't work first thing, but later I noticed the jet was poor.

When I opened the boot I found out why - washer fluid was running out of the upper rear roof panels!

Obviously the hose has either split or come partially undone somewhere.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know how to remove the rear roof panels around the top of the tailgate?

Any help gratefully received! Thank you.

·
104 Posts
I've just had the same problem diagnosed by the local V.W garage.. for the front wipers. they wanted ?100 to look at it... i investigated myself by pulling the jet out and tracing the pipe. about three inches in theres an elbow couplers where my hose had disconnected... fished around through the hole until found the other end,
rejoined and crimped it back on .. no problems since.

steve

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the rear quarter panels and the rear centre roof panel off but the leak is somewhere under the main roof lining panel on the offside and I can't see how to drop the roof lning.

I'm thinking of going to a local bodyshop where the labour rate will be half that of VW and get them to drop the roof lining so I can pin point the leak. If its just a joint come adrift, that's no problem. If its a split, I'll splice a new section in.

One thing I have done already is to increase the windscreen washer concentrate to ensure it can't freeze again!

·
104 Posts
Instead of pulling everything apart looking for the leak it would be easier to attach a new piece of pipe to the rear end of the old one and pull the new one through.

steve

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trouble is, I can't find the existing one at the moment!

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ToyBoy said:
Did you ever get this sorted nooby?
Yes. The car was in Windrush for a new prop shaft and the mechanic spotted the problem and sorted it by dropping the roof lining and inserting a new piece of pipe. ?100! Ouch!! But far better than me faffin' about with it and probably damaging something which would have cost me a lot more.

G

·

Looks like I might have to have a day out to Maidenhead (only 70 miles away) and see if I can join the Windrush Owners Club and get 30% discount :wink:

Might need your details so that I can pass on your recommendation and discuss what they did to your vehicle

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ToyBoy said:

Looks like I might have to have a day out to Maidenhead (only 70 miles away) and see if I can join the Windrush Owners Club and get 30% discount :wink:

Might need your details so that I can pass on your recommendation and discuss what they did to your vehicle

You can join their club on line - only takes a minute or two. They do fixed time appointments too about a week ahead and their coffee's ok with papers, PC, WiFi and TV, or there's a Maplins and Halfords nearby to spend an hour or two buying tools and other useful looking stuff you won't ever need!

The only downside I can see to this garage are the bogs which are incredibly public if you need a really good poop after a vindaloo the night before!!

And its really very nice of them to want to wash and vac your car before gving it back, but not if you have to wait another hour for it to be done so I'd pass on that.

PM me for details but I got the distinct impression they knew exactly what they were going to be doing as they gave me a fixed price!

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just testing to see if "poop" really does get asterisked automatically!

So Toad cried "Get out of my way, Poop! Poop!

And Master Bates told the Seamen to wash the poop deck.

And Gordon's Brown's in the poop too.

Right, that should do it, so let's press submit.

Edit 2 seconds later:
Golly, it does too, so can anyone guess which innocuous word gets *ed?

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

But only if it started and ended with a pee!

Edit 2 seconds later:

. . . . which didn't get *ed!!

·
749 Posts
noobytoogy said:
ToyBoy said:

You can join their club on line - only takes a minute or two. They do fixed time appointments too about a week ahead and their coffee's ok with papers, PC, WiFi and TV, or there's a Maplins and Halfords nearby to spend an hour or two buying tools and other useful looking stuff you won't ever need!

The only downside I can see to this garage are the bogs which are incredibly public if you need a really good * after a vindaloo the night before!!

And its really very nice of them to want to wash and vac your car before gving it back, but not if you have to wait another hour for it to be done so I'd pass on that.

PM me for details but I got the distinct impression they knew exactly what they were going to be doing as they gave me a fixed price!
I am going to Maidenhead Windrush in Saturday, again its about 80 miles away from me, but i wouldnt go anywhere else.

Dal

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
I joined Windrush's club on the internet yesterday and got a welcoming telephone call from one of their ladies this morning.
Now,that is good customer relations...and I haven't spent any money yet..
I'm off to them just before my warranty runs out for an oil service and check over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts