Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my car at vw battersea for the best part of a week, i collected it only to hear my dreaded rattle had not gone. I didn't evevn get out of their carpark before i went back in to tell them. after taking there guy for a test drive he confirmed it had a rattle on the rear (?) but no idea where it was coming from . he suggested it wasn't suspension.....
they replaced the antiroll bar drop links but to no avail.Has anyone had shock absorber failure on these cars yet?
Btw its an 07 3.0 v6 tdi altitude
thanks

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
may sound daft but the hazard triangle in left boot compartment may not be strapped in properly ,it stands vertical in a plastic sleeve with velcro strap to secure
+ there,s the tow eye,spanners etc under boot floor & even the boot floor itself can rattle if not fitted properly

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wilko.
I have tried that already, even took out all the spare wheel gubbins , parcel shelf. the noise is as you pull away , deffo suspension . just wondering if anyone has had similar.

·
180 Posts
Hi
Just wondering if you resolved the rattle ? Mine has a similar noise from the rear suspension, not been to the dealer for a check yet but I will have to take it in the not too distant future and was wondering if you had a soloution.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
Just wondering if you resolved the rattle ? Mine has a similar noise from the rear suspension, not been to the dealer for a check yet but I will have to take it in the not too distant future and was wondering if you had a soloution.

Cheers
i know its a while ago but did you resolve this problem and what was it thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts