Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when it rains, the rear parkin sensors are stuck on just two red bars at each end, no distance warnings at all.

Only shows up when i put it in reverse, the front ones seem fine.

Anyone had a similar problem ?

Furion

·
83 Posts
One or more of your parking sensors has a fault, for some reason this seems to be more of a problem in the rain. Maybe water ingress. I had exactly the same problem which started in the rain and gradually got worse over time until the error was showing 75% of the time in dry and wet conditions. I have 3 sensors for sale (See the Marketplace) if you decide to go the DIY route or want to take it to an independent. I was quoted ?214 to change 1 front sensor by VW.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the info, thats brilliant, at the moment only happens when it rains otherwise is ok, but no doubt will get worse after summer.

Should be covered by warranty, the dealer gave me a years VW extended warranty, time to make use of it i think.

?214 for one sensor , that is unbelievable.

Furion

·
Registered
61 Posts
furion said:
I have noticed when it rains, the rear parkin sensors are stuck on just two red bars at each end, no distance warnings at all.

Furion
Happens to me sometimes when at carwash only not rain...Im sure its nothing

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V14NYY said:
furion said:

Furion
Happens to me sometimes when at carwash only not rain...Im sure its nothing
Dearda had the same problem, see previouse post, turned out to be faulty sensor.
Dont know about carwash as i only use the hand wash, used to use the automated ones years ago but found it left fine scratches on the paint.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been quoted ?180 time and material by windrush maidenhead to change rear senors, i am assuming that all 6 sensors.
Either way warranty should cover it. Which of course hasnt been registered by the dealer i bought it from, at least i have the warranty documents.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
I'd check on whether it is all 6!

·
Registered
61 Posts
furion said:
Been quoted ?180 time and material by windrush maidenhead to change rear senors, i am assuming that all 6 sensors.
Either way warranty should cover it. Which of course hasnt been registered by the dealer i bought it from, at least i have the warranty documents.
It went off when i first got the tregminator and got it fixed under warranty...then it only go off when i take it to HAND car wash...never used the automated car wash...

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
V14NYY said:
furion said:
It went off when i first got the tregminator and got it fixed under warranty...then it only go off when i take it to HAND car wash...never used the automated car wash...
Do they walk around the car first with a pressure lance? If so, that's the problem.

·
83 Posts
I would expect that the ?180 is to change 1 sensor as they cost ?67 each, so the rest will be labour for removing the bumper cover and plugging in.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
CAR WASH?????

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Tell the little blighter with the pressure lance not to point it directly at any sensor in the bumper - front or rear - on any car as the water penetrates them and kills the electronics in there. He's probably b~ggered up loads of them!

I think the hand book specifically tells you not to do this!!

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to Windrush in Maidenhead yesterday, took about an hour to get there round the M25.

Luckily as it was raining and the engineers (who just happend to be my nephew and his team leader), were able to see the problem first hand.

They replaced all 6 rear sensors under warranty.

Although my car came with VW warranty, they also deal with Warranty Direct.

On a side note, I was greeted by Paul Jordan the workshop team leader, we had a nice chat and he showed my up to the waiting lounge, I was brought a coffee and also given the remote control for the flat screen TV.

In the corner of this new facility is a pc on a wireless network for customer use, you can also get on the wireless network with you own laptop / pda / ipod ... i did.

The area was clean, comfortable, airconditioned and with a coffee /tea machine with free drinks.

There is also a huge viewing window and you can look in to the workshop, there is a couple of seats there aswel.

10/10 for Windrush Maidenhead with thanks
, highley recomended, brilliant service by competant personel, if you dont mind the drive its well worth a trip.

They have a Windrush VW owners club which gives 30% off, free to join online.

Furion.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Windrush do sound very good. On the strength of yours and Nooby's recommendations (and several other positive comments) it sounds as though they are worth the trip for me.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts