Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
not sure how long ago, but the speakers in the center of the car, the rear doors, have stopped working.

if only i had known while it was under warranty.... you dont notice from the front, but i noticed when i was cleaning the car, and the kids told me it had been like it for ages !! no wonder they kept asking to turn it up all of the time...

anyway, i have WD cover which should cover the factory system, so may go down that route, but just wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge on the factory sound systems.

is there a dedicated amp for those speakers located somewhere along the path that might have failed or got disconnected?
are the front, center, and rear connected on the same MFD connector? as its only the centers that are not working?

the MFD has not been out, so no reason to suspect a loose connection?

any ideas?
Craig

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
DaveMc said:
It might seem stupidly obvious, but have you checked the fader setting on the radio?
Well done - I was already thinking about the wiring loom and missed the bledin' obvious!

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaveMc said:
It might seem stupidly obvious, but have you checked the fader setting on the radio?
aha, of course.. doh!

but seriously, yes, i checked that.
its how i found that the very small ones at the back work, and the fronts, just the rear doors, mid-car, that dont work.

G

·
What very small speakers in the back - where?

Maybe you've got a posh spec but I can find only 8 speakers - 2 per door

Cheers, Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts