Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, another failed air suspension :)

Both rear air suspensions are leaking from the bottom of the dustcover on my Touareg 7P -2011, looses about 40% in height over night and is completely empty after 3 days or so.

Question: Is the leak likely due to a bad gasket or broken bag? Anyone here who have tried to repair these with bladder/suspension repair kit like these: Pair Front Air Suspension Springs For Audi Q7 For VW Touareg 7P For Porsche Cayenne 2011 2016 Air Bladder 7P6616040N 7P6616039N|Shock Absorber Parts| - AliExpress if so, would it be possible to do by your self?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not expert but air leak fixes seem to be the non return valve, on older Touaregs anyway. this might help:

I'll be watching this thread as I think I've got a leak too :rolleyes: I've got a sagging rear rather than the front. Is it your front end that drops first ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not expert but air leak fixes seem to be the non return valve, on older Touaregs anyway. this might help:

I'll be watching this thread as I think I've got a leak too :rolleyes: I've got a sagging rear rather than the front. Is it your front end that drops first ?
Hey! Yeah i had that issue with my old touareg (brass valve + aluminium = corrosion) but the newer ones does not seem to have that issue. In my case neither valve or top gasket is leaking, it´s clearly in the bottom of the suspension.

Front does not drop at all, only rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts