Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

My T'reg pulls to the left. I have had my "local" dealer check the wheel alignment after a bit of a fight. Some alignment parameters were out but adjusting them has made no difference to the urge to head for the curb. The dealer tells me it is normal for the car to want to go the left due to road camber.

My problem is that if I let go of the steering wheel it turns about 5 degrees to the left & then the car follows. I think I know the difference between raod camber & a steering wheel that turns of its' own accord. It seems not to centre very well. Anyone else had this problem?

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.

·
3,680 Posts
QUOTE(kudurain @ Nov 28 2005, 09:50 PM)Hi Guys

My T'reg pulls to the left.? I have had my "local" dealer check the wheel alignment after a bit of a fight.? Some alignment parameters were out but adjusting them has made no difference to the urge to head for the curb.? The dealer tells me it is normal for the car to want to go the left due to road camber.?

My problem is that if I let go of the steering wheel it turns about 5 degrees to the left & then the car follows.? I think I know the difference between raod camber & a steering wheel that turns of its' own accord. It seems not to centre very well.? Anyone else had this problem??

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.
[snapback]13366[/snapback]​

I sure I read post on clubtouareg about this problem

·
3,680 Posts
just done a quick search on clubtouareg found this thread re pulling to the right but I'm sure there is much more about it.

clubtouareg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(ScottieTreg @ Nov 28 2005, 10:03 PM)just done a quick search on clubtouareg found this thread re pulling to the right but I'm sure there is much more about it.

clubtouareg
[snapback]13369[/snapback]​

Thanks Scottie, I have just been looking at the Clubtouareg thread. Nobody seems to mention the steering wheel turning.

I had a golf curtesy car from the dealer while my T'reg was in & the steering wheel "centred" very well as does my wife's passat. The T'reg steering wheel just doesn't seem to stay in the centre position very well at all. Anyone else noticed this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts