Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

There is a post indicating that you can get circa 9K of a new Treg.

I am aware of the 5K discount identified on vw.co.uk & dealers persumably are able to reduce their margin, but does anyone out there have recent knowledge of the 9K discount?

Eg was this further price support from VW?

Given the remaining 300 units it is interesting for anyone who is about to buy or has recently purchased to determine best price in the country.

Details of reduction [VW discount, dealer discount], model, spec would be of real interest [much appreciated].

Best regards,

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Got mine last May from a northern VW dealer. VW were offering ?4k at the time and the dealer discounted the rest, ?10k in total. Other members have had such a deal without too much haggling. Mine was a VW 'pack car', which had little in the way of additional spec other than front/rear parking sensors, but it was a brand new, unregistered 240bhp Altitude model in my desired colour - DPB : )

Check the official VW used website and customise your search for a newish Treg, less than 12 months and 10k miles and you might just find a delivery mile car that has been advertised as used, but is in fact a brand new, unregistered one. Out of the way dealers do this. Worked for me and if you are prepared to travel, you may well pick up a great bargain.

Link here:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used/search

Other than that, tey an online broker who can offer a VW dealer sourced car. Should be no problem given the current financial climate and seeing as the new Treg is coming soon.

Good luck,

Cass

Edit: just done a quick forum search and found this thread by Nooby:

http://www.mytreg.com/forums/showth...-on-new-3-0-Touareg&highlight=parking+sensors

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I got a similar deal as Cass, around 10K off an altitude model at VW Wrexham in May 09.
A colleague has ordered a new SE model for 28K at VW Crewe last weekend.

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
I wonder what these deals are doing to depreciation?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
bobe said:
Hi,

Many thanks for the note.

Is the SE a 3.0 V6 or 2.5?

Best regards,

Bob
SE 3.0 V6, there were similar deals at vw wrexham last week.

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
VW Crewe have loads of cars. Autotrader has seen another 17 cars added since Saturday. Brokers like carfile.net or coast2coastcars.co.uk are offering ?9k off but I would prefer to take their quote to a VW dealer and get him to beat it.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Neil Harrison said:
VW Crewe have loads of cars. Autotrader has seen another 17 cars added since Saturday. Brokers like carfile.net or coast2coastcars.co.uk are offering ?9k off but I would prefer to take their quote to a VW dealer and get him to beat it.
Have previously used Carfile to source a new Audi - paid deposit and balance to the Audi dealer and the referral fee was paid direct from the dealer to the broker. No different to getting your car from a dealer, just without the haggle/sport and interaction with the sales dept. Likely to be sourced from a dealer elsewhere in the country but hey, it's a day out : )

Cass

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cass said:
Have previously used Carfile to source a new Audi - paid deposit and balance to the Audi dealer and the referral fee was paid direct from the dealer to the broker. No different to getting your car from a dealer, just without the haggle/sport and interaction with the sales dept. Likely to be sourced from a dealer elsewhere in the country but hey, it's a day out : )

Cass
Thanks Cass, i have been exchanging emails with carfile, i anticipated a slightly better price given the announcement of the new treg. I will let you know how i get on.

cheers,

Bob

·
Honoured Member
2,175 Posts
I committed 4 weeks ago (on 12 Feb) for a 3.0L V6 TDI Altitude with Roof Rails and Park Sensors that was on the VW Used car search as coming soon.

It had been registered on 9 Feb and wasn't even at the dealer's premises (Gilbert Lawton, Manchester).

It was for sale at ?30,990, but not available till 9 May, they explained that it was to be a demonstrator, so I offered them a deposit for the full price if they would put a VW detachable 13 pin towbar on it and take it off the road when it arrived.

They agreed, it's now just sitting at their premises, and I'm now waiting patiently for 9 May.

That's a saving of 28.3%, there's several of these cars on the website, just look for the ones in coming soon that have a mileage of 10, 20, 100 etc miles.

55 days and counting.

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
filgreen said:
I committed 4 weeks ago (on 12 Feb) for a 3.0L V6 TDI Altitude with Roof Rails and Park Sensors that was on the VW Used car search as coming soon.

It had been registered on 9 Feb and wasn't even at the dealer's premises (Gilbert Lawton, Manchester).

It was for sale at ?30,990, but not available till 9 May, they explained that it was to be a demonstrator, so I offered them a deposit for the full price if they would put a VW detachable 13 pin towbar on it and take it off the road when it arrived.

They agreed, it's now just sitting at their premises, and I'm now waiting patiently for 9 May.

That's a saving of 28.3%, there's several of these cars on the website, just look for the ones in coming soon that have a mileage of 10, 20, 100 etc miles.

55 days and counting.
filgreen,
I drove past Gilberts today, I'm sure I saw your car perched at a strange angle on some ramps outside the showroom. It had a big red SOLD sign on the windscreen. If you want to be sure, I'll nip in and show some interest, if I were you I'd be expecting it to be kept inside.

·
Honoured Member
2,175 Posts
HEHEY said:
filgreen,
I drove past Gilberts today, I'm sure I saw your car perched at a strange angle on some ramps outside the showroom. It had a big red SOLD sign on the windscreen. If you want to be sure, I'll nip in and show some interest, if I were you I'd be expecting it to be kept inside.
If you're passing and it's no trouble I'd be interested to know.

I don't think I'd be too worried if it's outside, they'll be keeping it clean if it's on display, and at least they're not putting any miles on it as they promised.

If you could manage, a photo might be interesting to see.

fil

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
If anyone's interested...?

I got a text message from Dane VW in Chester, who are offering cars at cost + ?50

God knows how competitive the pricing is, but may be of use to someone, it's where out Treg came from, and rated their customer service at the time.

·
749 Posts
bobe said:
Hi,

There is a post indicating that you can get circa 9K of a new Treg.

I am aware of the 5K discount identified on vw.co.uk & dealers persumably are able to reduce their margin, but does anyone out there have recent knowledge of the 9K discount?

Eg was this further price support from VW?,
Inchcape Romford are advertising a 3v6 TDI Altitude for ?32k with huge great letters and number on the side "?10,000 offf" dont know full spec but its met blackAltitude with 19inch wheels

1 - 18 of 18 Posts