Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 14,000 miles my Pirelli Roso tyres were down to the wear indicators.

Having spent some time researching other peoples experiences with Touareg tyres I decided to go for 285 / 45 Hankooks because of their consistently good reviews and competitive prices.
I, like many others bought my tyres from Camskill via the internet and after a phone call from Camskill ?just to check I had ordered the right size? they were delivered the following day.

My local MOT garage had agreed to change the tyres for me but to my dismay my wheels proved to be too big to go on his tyre-changing machine without the risk of damage so I tried to get another tyre shop locally to fit them.
I was met with indifference and even verbal abuse that I should have the temerity to buy tyres at the best price available and then offer to pay for them to be fitted only, instead of paying their inflated prices for the tyres.
I rang Camskill later that morning and by 4:00 in the afternoon the tyres were fitted, wheels balanced and I was on my way home in a much happier frame of mind.
I would add that I live only 55 miles from Camskills depot so this was practical for me.

As for the Hankooks themselves the run home gave me a chance to have an initial appraisal of their qualities. They appear to be slightly stiffer than the Pirellis with a little more thump transmitted into the car on large bumps but in general run somewhat smoother. Despite the more aggressive tread pattern and unidirectional make up they appear to be quieter than the Pirellis.

I add the rider that I am in no way connected to Camskill except as a very satisfied customer.

D

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Seen some very competitive prices at camskill. Our local tyre man has said that he will charge ?7.50 to fit per tyre, I only hope he'll honour it, but it's good that camskill were willing to help out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts