Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Touareg has done 295,000km and has no problems with the fuel injectors that I can see but I'm being told by many people that my fuel injectors are past needing a service and because they are pompe duse it would be very expensive.

So I started to research and found that they are expensive to buy but I don't really know about compared to regular injectors.

I looked up servicing kits and found them to be quite cheap and apparently quite straightforward.

For the price of new nozzles I wouldn't attempt any repair or reconditioning, and for the pump it just looks like some seals as well as the fitting seals.

Can anyone add to my paucity of knowledge here?

· Chairman
13,572 Posts
Bump

· Chairman
13,572 Posts
No.
I was just trying to be helpful!

· Chairman
13,572 Posts
Have you tried the sister site?

www.clubtouareg.com

There's a good Oz section there.

Don't forget to add your vehicle/engine details.

· Registered
370 Posts
I can guarantee that the injectors are the same as the Passat equivalent, I have 5 fitted to my 06 R5 touareg

Personally, I would leave them alone until you NEED to do them, as they don't just "pop out" and there's a bit of work involved in both removing the old ones and setting up the new ones

· Chairman
13,572 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Cass

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can guarantee that the injectors are the same as the Passat equivalent, I have 5 fitted to my 06 R5 touareg

Personally, I would leave them alone until you NEED to do them, as they don't just "pop out" and there's a bit of work involved in both removing the old ones and setting up the new ones
Thanks. It was good to find someone who actually knows.
What do you say about 295000kms

· Chairman
13,572 Posts
Nah, never 'eard of you!🙃👋👍

· Registered
370 Posts
I bought my Treg with 370000kms and 1 of the injectors was gone off the reservation which is why I fitted 5 as it's more or less the same hassle to fit 5 as it is to fit 1

· Registered
370 Posts
I wouldn't be concerned about starship miles provided it has been well serviced

· Registered
370 Posts
Am familiar with kilometres, we use them in Ireland too!

Servicing helps

· Registered
370 Posts
Fukin eejit of a forum!

Servicing helps because aside from the obvious of how good filheepn heeps

Reactions: chaser

· Chairman
13,572 Posts
Why are you posting about rice wine?!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts