Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi after lurking in the background researching about touaregs we picked ours up about a week ago and what can i say, This car is outstanding to drive and to look at and is very comfortable and spacious.
Smiles all round from me and my wife and its always a fight for who gets to drive

anyways heres some pics of it.

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
CP , someone has cherished it for sure , some nice details including the tail pipes that might not suit everyones taste but my opinion for what its worth is
its a creamer! looks good & i,m sure you,l enjoy the experience , i have

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
I had to go and check my car when your photos appeared,(a standard 56 tdi.)
Normally I don't like blinged up cars but i must say the grilles on the front end look really good.
The interior cappings look great too.
Thumbs up!

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
Like the dark lenses, like the grilles on the front, nice pipes. Good on ya !

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
Oh and dont forget the unwritten rule of Treg ownership, no wife allowed in the drivers seat for the first 4 weeks !

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Nice..

Lots of nice touches... love the front end.. looks great.. and I really like those running boards...

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys appreciate it. I bought the car like this although it wasnt as clean and i gave it a bit of polish but its just the start of the detailing as i plan to give it several coats then wax it a few times to bring the shine right out.
The grills on the front are metal and were in very poor condition and also held on by big black cable ties, so off they came and a good scouring with brasso brought them up and i secured them back on more neatly.
The pipes were brown again brasso and a cloth cured the problem.
As for the rest of the car its mint inside with no signs of wear and smells like new.
I would say its not bad for a 55 plate a few light scratches but i will get them buffed out.

hehey i think its too late as the missus has caught the treg bug and i would say that she has now driven it more than me, Also she is is pregnant and i wouldnt dare argue with her at the moment

As with any car i will keep checking the forum and see whats happening also when i get the towbar fitted i will show you guys what i tow

cheers chris

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
Chris, just checked, book says "The wife rule is waived if she is with child"

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Nice one! As the others have said, some interesting and subtle additions.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Wondered if you could do me a favour and see if there are any markings on the running boards please?

I really like them and just showed the pic to Surfette and she did too..

I've been noticing that the Treg is quite high for my 5yr old when he's climbing in and out (and my 2yr old will be trying soon) and these look really good.. Not too 'in yer face'..

Cheers in advance,
Ev

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi surfer i have had a look under there and found a small batch of numbers and used some chalk to brighten them up and read them. Here is the pic of the plate, i have tried looking up the numbers but a lot of info comes up.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Cheers guys.. will have a nosey at them and see what Surfette thinks..

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Hi after lurking in the background researching about touaregs we picked ours up about a week ago and what can i say, This car is outstanding to drive and to look at and is very comfortable and spacious.
Smiles all round from me and my wife and its always a fight for who gets to drive

anyways heres some pics of it.

i love the carbon fibre/metallic look to the interior and i simpl e love the front grille and surround. lovely motor mate. the tdi letters are all in red, is it a limited edition???

·
886 Posts
Very nice motor!

I would guess the red TDi badge may be from a Golf or similar as they seem to be colour coded depending on the power output.

I also like the front end, the rear lower bumper and the twin exhaust trims.

Great purchase.

Cheers

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts