Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've recently bought a 2019 Touareg (R-Line Tech 3.0L V6 286bhp) and have a question regarding the memory seat function.

I can set the driver side seat position and can store it in the memory no problem and works perfectly however, I was wondering if there was the same memory function for the passenger side?

I have searched the forum and google as well as looked at the owners manual but cant see anything specifically for the passenger side memory function. If my car hasnt got the capability it is what it is, it would be conveinent to be able to have though and know how to work it if anyone could point me in the right direction or shed some light on this?

Kind regards,
Allan.

· Registered
580 Posts
Hi
It's part of the Memory Pack Plus option. If you don;t have the three memory buttons on the passanger door, you don't have that option.

Memory Pack Plus includes - Memory function for driver’s and passenger’s front seats, steering column and door mirrors, including reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger’s door mirror. Memory settings for 3 individual profiles

Memory pack has - Memory function for driver’s seat and driver’s door mirror, including reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger’s door mirror. Memory settings for 3 individual profiles

Reactions: allan.oneil

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
It's part of the Memory Pack Plus option. If you don;t have the three memory buttons on the passanger door, you don't have that option.

Memory Pack Plus includes - Memory function for driver’s and passenger’s front seats, steering column and door mirrors, including reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger’s door mirror. Memory settings for 3 individual profiles

Memory pack has - Memory function for driver’s seat and driver’s door mirror, including reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger’s door mirror. Memory settings for 3 individual profiles
Thank you for the detailed response fka. I was confident my Touareg didnt have this function however, I'd thought I'dask the question just in the off chance I was missing something.

Thanks again :)

· Registered
46 Posts
Didn't get the bloody steering column on mine. :(

· Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
716 Posts
I was very pleased to discover my aging T1 has the full monty in this respect. I had no idea prior to purchase.

It's a useful feature with the dipping n/s mirror and individual keys can be programed to set seat etc positions when unlocking.

· Registered
580 Posts
I actually disabled the mirror dip. I know roughly were the kerb is and I'd rather see my rear quater and what's behind me..

Seats are a big deal as I'm 6' and the Mrs is a smidge over 5'.. I also like the convenience entry (of the car :oops: ) with the seat and steering column retracting .. Sorry Wookie, it's a cracking feature .. until it breaks!

· Registered
46 Posts
I actually disabled the mirror dip. I know roughly were the kerb is and I'd rather see my rear quater and what's behind me..

Seats are a big deal as I'm 6' and the Mrs is a smidge over 5'.. I also like the convenience entry (of the car :oops: ) with the seat and steering column retracting .. Sorry Wookie, it's a cracking feature .. until it breaks!
I'm not really sure why I haven't got it. I was expecting it to be there. :mad:

· Registered
580 Posts
I only have a copy of the 2020 brochure maybe they added a separate option for electric column in 2022?
Or you saying you have electric just not memory on the column?

· Registered
46 Posts
No electric at all. The last time I looked at the configurator, there were two separate options for the memory plus pack - one with the electric column and one without. The option I paid for when I specced mine was the same price as the version with the electric column, so I thought that was what I was getting. Naturally, I didn't keep any of the info that described exactly what each option included, so I've got no way of proving that I should have had it.

· Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
No electric at all. The last time I looked at the configurator, there were two separate options for the memory plus pack - one with the electric column and one without. The option I paid for when I specced mine was the same price as the version with the electric column, so I thought that was what I was getting. Naturally, I didn't keep any of the info that described exactly what each option included, so I've got no way of proving that I should have had it.
Find the price spec/brochure online and it should specify what the option was at the time you ordered the car, then complain to the dealer and/VW UK if it’s a misbuild.

It would be unusual not to get full functionality with an option, however it does happen. My first 2012 Altitude, manufactured in late 2011 was a misbuild when I specced it with Bi-Xenons and rear LED lights and it (like a number of other cars with the same option), arrived without the rear LED’s. Eventually I got a new car and others simply accepted compensation, others never bothered or got fobbed off.

VW reserve the right to later specs without notice but check what you actually ordered and what the spec was at that time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts