Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has had this problem with their park distance?

There we were, sitting in a queue of traffic and suddenly the park distance lights come on, at the front both sides showing the two red squares and nothing else. We were not too close to the car in front and now the park distance and on start up now, only shows the red lights and nothing else
When we start driving off, all the park distance lights go out completely.

Car is clean, nothing stuck to the sensors. Just no idea why it suddenly did this. We had been towing the caravan but it was not being towed at this point.

Baffeled.. .. ..

Jane x

·
656 Posts
Hi Jane, I have this every now and again...very rarely so doesn't bother me. It only ever happens at one set of traffic lights on my way home from work. I wonder if they might be affected by some kind of electronics in the traffic lights.

G

·
I had this a week or two ago after a very wet night, well there have been so many this summer! By the evening when everything had dried off it was OK, so I blamed wet wiring somewhere under the front bumper. No recurrence.

Cheers, Andy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answers, but sadly a week later nothing has changed red lights still on

Jane x

·
400 Posts
i had the same, it was a dead sensor.

you need vag.com or a dealer

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Js mills can I ask you did you have this problem on both the front and back sensors?

Jane x

·
400 Posts
a fault on either the front or the back disables the whole system (red lights)

so my faulty front sensor caused front + back displays to show red error lights.

hope this is what you were after

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One last question to you please. Did your service thingie on the dash start binging at you too at the same time the sensor went faulty? Mine is bleeping at me saying my service is due, I told hubby that is coincidence but he asked me to ask you anyway please.

Hope that you know what I am talking about

Jane x

·
400 Posts
seems like a coincidence. mine didnt do it and i havnt heard of this happening. Prob due a service too

Everyone knows what a thingie is ....

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Everyone knows what a thingie is ....
[/quote]

Its female talk for the MFD I think.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the toerag is at the garage today and I told them what you have said Jsmills thanks for that :wink:

Glad that you know what a thingie is

But what the heck is the MFD??? ( no doubt it will be pretty obvious when I get the reply
)

Jane x

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Jane said:
Well the toerag is at the garage today and I told them what you have said Jsmills thanks for that :wink:

Glad that you know what a thingie is

But what the heck is the MFD??? ( no doubt it will be pretty obvious when I get the reply
)

Jane x
Multi Function Display

Should be the name for the display on the dashboard

But it's just become the name for the missus

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DOH!!!! Multi function display :oops:

Mind you I would never have got that one they are all thingies that light up

Jane x