Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a puddle appear under the car today,so i opened the bonnet to have a mosey around and found a package containing 2 clips for hoses snuggly lying in the lining! The package is about the same size as a small bearing box,and still has the plastic bag intow!.

:x Needless to say i have been muttering away to myself and calling whoever it was ,every careless creton i can muster....surely someone knows if they have misplaced parts....... :x

will update once i have calmed down and spoke to the garage...As for the leak....i will let VW scour the cooling system for it!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I once complianed about a puddle under my car

I felt really silly when they anounced it was the AC breathing

:oops: :oops:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buster,

That did go through my head and immediately checked the temp that the heaters were set at...it was 22,so i was thinking that the aircon wouldn't be on,but i dont know how these things operate really :oops:

i am noticing it every time the car is stopped now....isnt pouring or anything and were still running fine.lol,so probably isnt much to worry about,but ill mention it on the 2nd when im in the garage!

tarra for now

·
Registered
74 Posts
The touareg 1 and the touareg 2 A/C systems work 95% the same . On the touareg1 you would normaly press the econ button to switch the A/C off and the Touareg 2 the aircon button is normaly on unless you press it to switch off the A/C pump.
When you turn the temprature to x or y and want the car to keep the temp automatcly at the set degrees, then the aircon will be running together with the hot air. this has to happen to maintain your set temprature setting. Please dont run to the dealer and say my car is heavier on fuel cause my A/C runs all time. You gonna make a fool of your self , and you dont want that.
Now that we are going into the summer season you will find from time to time a clear water puddle under the car after been parked up for a short period.
So dont panic when you spot the clear puddle under the car ,its normal it has to happen. Its only a bit of condensation.
D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts