Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ex-Treg owner
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have inadvertently re-set the service indicator :think:

Filling up a couple of days ago I was pressing the trip mileage counter to zero it as I started the engine & there was a MFD display message "service interval reset" or very similar that stayed on for several seconds. Does anyone know for sure if that is how the service indicator is reset? :bashwall:

I suppose I could go outside & trawl through the handbook. :sleepgo:

Rob
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,917 Posts
CovRob said:
I think I may have inadvertently re-set the service indicator :think:

Filling up a couple of days ago I was pressing the trip mileage counter to zero it as I started the engine & there was a MFD display message "service interval reset" or very similar that stayed on for several seconds. Does anyone know for sure if that is how the service indicator is reset? :bashwall:

I suppose I could go outside & trawl through the handbook. :sleepgo:

Rob
:think: :think:

well that's one way of saving the pennies................. :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
CovRob said:
I think I may have inadvertently re-set the service indicator :think:

Filling up a couple of days ago I was pressing the trip mileage counter to zero it as I started the engine & there was a MFD display message "service interval reset" or very similar that stayed on for several seconds. Does anyone know for sure if that is how the service indicator is reset? :bashwall:

I suppose I could go outside & trawl through the handbook. :sleepgo:

Rob
I was under the impression that the reset of the service interval could only be done by VAG com or the dealer ( I think 5052) system. How ever if nothing else came up after the 'service interval reset' my guess would be, it was not reset. It may have been just the mileage reset warning....meaning do you really want reset your mileage trip. <_<
 

·
Ex-Treg owner
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pilgrim said:
It may have been just the mileage reset warning....meaning do you really want reset your mileage trip. <_<
Oh no...I reset the trip mileage every fill-up & have never seen this message before. It was definitely "service interval reset" or very close to that phrase. :w00t:

chrisbin said:
:think: :think:

well that's one way of saving the pennies................. :oops:
Will I really not have to have a service until 11,000 miles later than I thought? Will it really be OK?? :think:
I think not


Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,001 Posts
Well, been thinknig about this

my Treg keeps reseting its self which then looses all of my settings

Auto locking does what it likes
Lights do what they like
Unlocking seems to haave a mind of its own

And all due to putting a cd in the sat nav thing

:help: :help:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
871 Posts
Sounds like the hot weather again !!!

Mines fine since it cooled down.

Feck knows how it will behave in Spain next week......
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top